“Great Service - Excellent City”

Wine Wrangler - Day Tours
Full-Day Small-Group Hearst Castle Adventure from Paso Robles
Ranked #1 of 155 Food & Drink in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After residing in Paso Robles for a decade, Coy and Sarah Barnes turned their passion for wine, entertaining, and the rural countryside into a thriving little tour company called “The Wine Wrangler”. The Wine Wrangler was created on August 3, 2004 as Paso Robles’ first, authentic wine tour company. Within a year the couple wanted to create an opportunity for everyone to enjoy the Paso Robles wine tasting experience throughout the year, in the comfort of their own homes. They created the first and only wine club featuring Paso Robles wines and took their family business to whole new level. Coy, an educator and winemaker, grows his own zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon, and syrah on the family’s property in Paso Robles. When he’s not escorting visitors through the wine country, he’ll be rustling up wines from some of his favorite Paso Robles wineries and sharing them with the world through his Paso Robles Wine Club. Our greatest pleasure is to help people from out of the area to discover the diversity and finesse of Paso Robles wines. Coy & Sarah Barnes
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Greeted at the Paso train station with a sign bearing our names (and our train was about and hour late) - Ben pointed out restaurants and his favorite coffee shop. The next day we were picked up promptly for a Hearst Castle tour, visit to the Elephant seals and stop at a winery. It was a lot of driving but our guide was personable and insightful and funny. He dropped us off at San Luis Obispo train with plenty of extra time. I wasn't a huge fan of Hearst Castle, but the tour company did a great job with all the logistics. I would recommend them and hope to be back for a wine centered tour.

There are newer reviews for Wine Wrangler - Day Tours

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Previously, my boyfriend and I went wine tasting and booked a competitors tour. We were not satisfied, and wanted to try something different, so we booked the Wine Wrangler. It was a party of four, all of us being inexperienced wine tasters. I can honestly say, it was money very well spent. There was no smoke and mirrors game, we were told how many wineries we got to visit, and given a few options for wineries. There was no cost for any of the tastings, and all the tastings were at wonderful wineries. I was very pleased with our entire tour, and felt that we were given more for our money than in our previous adventure. Our tour guide/driver was very nice, helpful, and courteous. Overall, a good experience, and one I would do again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Greetings Readers! My honey and I drove to the Central Coast to see a client and decided to make a weekend of it. We stayed at The Cliffs Resort in Shell Beach and talk about nice! The staff, food, and lodging was impressive; however, our drive to Paso Robles ended up being the coup de grace! We had a 3-hr afternoon tour but it turned out to be the best 3 hrs.

John was our driver and he drove us to J Lohr first, which is one of the largest wineries in the valley, and followed with two smaller wineries, Ranchita Canyon then Tackitt. Everyone was so nice and the wines were yummy but the height of the tour was the education that came from Wells at Ranchita Canyon and Leon at Tackitt. My Honey and I are training our palates! You'll have to experience it for yourselves but trust me, you won't be disappointed with this tour company! Cheers!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a tour at 7pm on a Tuesday and had to cancel the next morning.
We were told they would charge us a cancellation fee of $25.00 and we were luck they were willing to do that.
It was not like we had a reservation for weeks. They obviously could accommodate us last minute so why could they not reverse it in the same manner.

Keep in mind if you book with them do not change your mind, it will cost you.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked this tour as a birthday gift for my partner. We had a great time. The selected wineries were a nice mix, particularly Sculpterra which had a bonus of a wonderful sculpture garden. The guide, Jim, was never in a rush and took great care of the group.