“OK Beer, Over Priced”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Beautiful brewery, good service, but way over priced. My wife and I had 2 mediocre beers each at $5.50 each, and a mediocre small pizza that was $14.00, costco pizza is better. Asked about filling our growler and we were told they only fill their growlers. How many growlers does a person need? Have only been told this by supposed small time breweries that have been corrupted by corporate greed. Will never go back, or buy their beers again. Maybe the 805, because that is there one stand out beer that I can afford as a middle class person.

There are newer reviews for Firestone Walker Brewing Company

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a nice lunch. Service was sporadic. Servers seemed distracted talking to each other. Food was good, well plated, served hot, but it was not great.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stopped in for a brief tasting. they have a long menu and I was only able to get 1/3 through before I had to leave. I loved their Saison!!! They sell growlers and their beer on premise. The industrial decor was a nice touch. I bought several gifts before leaving. I would visit again and go on their tour, offered on the weekends only.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

First the brewery. Stop by and do a tasting of many great locally brewed ales and pick up some Firestone Walker swag. I recommend the local favorite 805 and Double Barrel Ale (DBA).

Across the street from the brewery is the Taproom. Stop in to enjoy a great meal with some more of that great beer. Here you can do another tasting as the restaurant often offers beers not available at the brewery. Not many people know this but Firestone Walker is the brewer of all the house beers for the popular restaurant Yard House.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Firestone Walker Brewing Company looks very polished on the interior. Of course, this is not too surprising, because their product line is pretty remarkable as well. The bar looks really unique as it is U-Shaped, and has an assembly line of bottles going overhead. It is seemingly for show, but it is doing the job of making the room even more visually appealing.

We shared a Turkey Burger and Fish & Chips, and I enjoyed them both. The place almost merited a 5 star review (4.5 would be perfect), but I have been to my share of brew pubs, so that makes me a little critical. Not that there was anything to be critical of. Besides, after lunch I dropped another $125 at the tasting room for a cycling jersey, hoodie, t-shirt for my wife, and a coveted bottle of the Parabola, the delicious and potent and pricey Imperial Stout. Next time, we will try to do the tour of the brewery as well.