“Carolyn and Roland are genuinely kind and their B&B is so relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Carolyn and Roland are genuine and kind. I was traveling solo and Carolyn made it a special point to suggest places where I would feel comfortable. I arrived late, exhausted and tired. Carolyn made me comfortable at once and it was easy to relax, walk their large property and enjoy the breath taking view of the rolling hills, almond orchards, and vineyards from more than a few vantage points. I stayed two nights in room three and there is lovely seating with a view just outside the front door. Their two rescue dogs, chickens, and cats were a charming bonus. Carolyn served a beautiful breakfast frittata made with the freshest eggs, beautifully presented and delicious, along with juice, and coffee cake, and great coffee. I look forward to visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Eve516
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your very gracious review. I always admire visitors that enjoy traveling solo. The down time can be so replenishing. I am glad you enjoyed our recommendations for sites to see.
We look forward to your return,

There are newer reviews for Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Welcoming and very friendly. Very helpful with finding great places to visit and to eat. Shared local history. Excellent food and warm atmosphere. Great in-room massages too! Very very quiet and gorgeous setting. All the amenities in the room. Excellent location to get to the town of Paso and to the wineries in the area.

I'd highly recommend the Chanticleer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay and yes, an in-room massage is a wonderful way to start your relaxing stay. My husband Roland is a local history buff and if you are interrested, he's happy to share.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I go to paso about 2 times a year to enjoy the scenery and of course the wine. We wanted to try a new b&b and were very glad we did. The chanticleer is in a quiet area with wonderful scenery and plenty of places to relax. Wildlife abounds for viewing, especially birds. Our room was gorgeous, roomy, new and clean. We loved our deck for watching the birds. The food was of gourmet quality. Carolyn and Roland were wonderful. We will definitely go back soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

I must admit that Paso Robles has several nice B&B's. Thank your for giving us a try and we are so happy you are glad you did! Our country setting and the surrounding oak woodlands and vineyards do provide a nice habitat for our local wildlife.
It was so nice to have met you both and we look forward to your return,

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend here for my birthday. The room was beautiful and there was birthday cake and bubbly waiting for us when we arrived. The hosts were wonderful and the breakfasts were the best I have ever had at a B & B. The location is great and I would not hesitate to come back. Book now.

• Stayed: July 2011
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you for choosing Chanticleer Vineyard Bed & Breakfast to celebrate your birthday.
So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast with my boyfriend on a road trip down the coast of California. I was already looking forward to the stay because I had read about the delicious breakfasts, and I was not disappointed one bit. When we arrived, Carolyn was there to greet us and show us to our room. We came in the evening, so she had waited to go out to dinner until we arrived, which was really sweet of her. Our room was great, although there is so much to do and so much wine to taste nearby that we spent most of our time out and about. To be honest, we were kind of nervous about staying in a B&B because of the potentially awkward group breakfast with strangers, but the other two couples staying were so nice and interesting and we had to literally pull ourselves away from the kitchen table after a long breakfast each day because we all got along so well (including Carolyn and her husband!). As I mentioned before, the breakfasts were, for me, the selling point of the place (and having just driven down from Napa, I was already a little spoiled by way of delicious food) but Carolyn delivered the goods each morning! We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every meal and minute; I recommend Chanticleer and would stay again during my next visit.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSchwertey
ChanticleerVineyardB, Owner at Chanticleer Vineyard Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay. B&B newbies are often a little concerned about being seating with strangers at breakfast, but it is amazing how easily the converstations flow. It's like throwing a small party. Just provide a relaxed setting with beautiful views, good food and everything else comes together.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Beautiful Chanticleer is just off Highway 46. If you blink, you may miss the road sign, "Twelve Oaks Dr." This road is mostly a well maintained dirt road that takes you by one small winery and one large home. Next, you will see the sign for Chanticleer. Carolyn will leave the gate open and if you're lucky, the welcoming committee will greet you. (2 sweet and friendly dogs). We parked inside the gates so the premises is very secure. (Not that you need it to be in Paso!) Anyway, Carolyn will also greet you and help you to your room. We stayed in a lovely room on the lower portion of the home. What a view, room and breeze!
Although the whole property and B & B are meticulously maintained, the hosts are what made our stay so special. Every morning we were served an amazing, gourmet breakfast- made to special order if you wish... AMAZING! Carolyn waited on us hand and foot: Fresh juice and coffee. Eggs, gathered daily, from their hen house.! I didn't know there were so many ways to make great egg dishes. Oh- and gourmet blueberry pancakes! from scratch muffins and coffee cake!! baked fruit with brown sugar and mint!!! I am sorry if I am making you hungry.
While eating, Rowland often joined us and entertained us with his interesting stories. (My husband is an attorney and automatically deposes everyone he talks to... ) Both Rowland and Carolyn know everything there is to know about Paso and it's wineries. They gave excellent recommendations on restaurants and tours. It was also fun getting to know other couples that stayed there during our 8 day visit.
Although we had a great trip and stay at Chantlicleer, there was one day that I was feeling under-the-weather. I told Carolyn that I didn't feel well during a beautiful breakfast that I couldn't eat. I went back to our room to lay down and next thing I knew, Carolyn showed up wanting to know how I was doing. As a former nurse she thought of the perfect prescription : A fresh smoothie complete with a strawberry garnish. There, again,
I felt like I was at Nordstrom :-D
By the time we left, we were ready to return home but knew we'd miss Carolyn, Rowland, the dogs and all of Chanticleer. We will certainly stay there again and the next time I will feel that I'm visiting friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and spacious with great bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank francessamaha

We enjoyed your stay and it was a fun challenge coming up with a new low cholesterol breakfast for Ed each morning :) Happy to specialize as long as you let me know before that morning.
Looking forward to your return,

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The hospitality and amenities were great. So was the breakfast. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. We'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Look online and select the room you want. There's a discount for mid-week stays.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks David & Keri,
Nice to have met you both. And a big thank you to Mila for referring you :)