“Comfort Food and Lots of It”

Margie's Diner of Paso Robles
Ranked #16 of 201 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were staying at the local Best Western and we were given voucher's for breakfast at Margie's, which is just steps away. The first morning I ordered the regular breakfast. Good Lord what a plate full off food. And it was good. The second morning I decided that the "Senior" breakfast might be better for me. That amount of food was reasonable. We also had lunch there one day. My rare hamburger was great as was the coffee shake that came with it. Where I come from we call them frappes, but why quibble. It had a lot of ice cream in it. I would be remiss if I did not mention our waitress Crystal who made sure that my toasts were "burnt" as I prefer them. She was very informative and a pleasure to deal with.

Definitely a good experience. Would go there again if I am ever in the area again.

1  Thank MadMaxie40667

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good value with discount coupons from nearby motels if you stay there. Egg platters are large. They use jumbo eggs. Coffee is ok.

1  Thank bern423
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our 2nd visit and we will continue to come back when we pass brought again. We have only tried the lunch menu and as before, extremely tasty. The service has always been great and the quantity of food they give you is amazingly large. Love this place.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a nearby hotel and were given $5 off breakfast vouchers (2 of them) so we tried it. The food was very good, portions were large and the staff really hustles! I think they are a bit overpriced but they get so much business from the local hotels, I saw just about everyone come through the door with those vouchers. They just adjust their prices to cover the vouchers. Still, we paid 3.50 each for a huge breakfast. And the coffee is amazing!

1  Thank palepinkribbon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The diner is usually crowded in the morning for breakfast, so get there early to beat the crowd. The quantity of food served is always way too much, but the variety of the selection is great. You will find something on the vast menu. Service is what keeps us coming back. It is quick and the servers are friendly. The $5 coupon (weekdays, $10 weekends) from the hotel helps also.