“The Good and Not so Good”

Villa Creek Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Creek Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 195 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th and Pine
Description: Working with local farmers since 1998. Villa Creek's Chef Tom Fundaro prepares local, organically or sustainably farmed products in rustic preparations. A local and international compilation of wines and a premium bar selection complement the fresh inspiring cuisine. "It seems that practically everyone visiting Paso Robles wine country passes through Villa Creek. That's easy to understand, because this winemaker hangout serves up youthful energy, satisfying food and an exciting wine list with excellent prices." Wine Spectator.
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“The Good and Not so Good”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Overall let me just say I liked this place. I took my family of four to dinner just after Christmas. Nice little crowd. They don't have a children's menu, but they made my kids some quesadillas for $3 each and I will take that deal every day. My wife and I split a big ribeye special (20 oz) of the night for $50. It came with pesto mashed potatoes and some greens. Ribeye was cooked correctly and tasted good. The pesto mashed potatoes were excellent with a lot of pesto and the greens were ok. Now the Not So Good. I ordered an ice tea. They brought me a gensing and honey tea. I was like, "Do you have regular black tea?" They told me they didn't. I understand wanting to serve you own version of something, but how can you not carry a drink that literally millions of Americans drink every day with every meal? I was pretty disappointed in that. The atmosphere was good for a dinner meal. I would describe it as dark woods dominating the walls and furniture with the lights dimmed in the background, but enough light at the table for ordering. Service was ok, but nothing memorable.

• Visited December 2012

Paso Robles, California
“Just average”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were here for a birthday celebration dinner on a Sunday night. We reminded the server when seated. The place was not crowded at all, but they put us at a table right by kitchen entrance/exit. Dinner special was a rabbit dish which one couple shared. They had to pick bones out of the meat/bean mixture. The soup of the evening was flat and tasteless. The roasted chicken was tasty as was the pasta mushroom dish. The fall salad was very tasty. After dinner they offered a dessert menu (all very pricey) which we declined. One did order a decaf coffee which was served in a French press. Not sure what happened but she ended up with a cup of grounds. Knowing we had a Birthday when we made the reservation, I expected a small complimentary dessert, but there was nothing offered! Will not go back!

New York City, New York
“Very slow”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We walked in on a week night and first sat in the bar as we were not planning to have a full meal and were told we could get both the bar menu and the restaurant menu in the bar. When we sat down at a table in the bar and asked for the full menu, we were told it was only available to people seated at the actual bar, to keep the kitchen from getting too many orders. (Huh? Isn't that what it's for? and anyway, the place was only about 30% full) We moved into the restaurant and ordered glasses of wine, a salad and one entree to share. Food was good (very tasty roast chicken) but the pacing was extremely slow and the servers disappeared for minutes on end. At one point, the waitress removed our plates with the tortillas and salsa they serve in lieu of bread, even though we were still munching on them, and we assumed it was because our order was coming out. Nope, another 15 minutes or more before that happened - so not sure why she felt compelled to clear the table. While we were waiting, a table of 4 came in, waited 10+ minutes for someone to get their order, and left - and this was when there were only 3 other tables filled.

So, 4 stars for good, 2 stars for service = 3 stars rating.

1 Thank NSsummerset
Merida
“Comfortable Cuisine”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

First of all, I love the place. It reminds me of a hacienda in Mexico or a convent in Italy. The colors are earthy, the light is soft... but the place is spacious and airy. We had an early dinner, just two of us. Great service, recommended a wine that went perfectly with our meal (and wasn't expensive), the food was delicious. And the dessert was REALLy good ... a banana creme brulee. yum.

paso robles, ca
“Bones in the Salmon..”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We only come to the area every two years.. We have been here three times and every time we have some problem.. Our waitress said, "Maybe you have bad restaurant karma"? I think they have bad restaurant Karma.. We will try someplace else next time..

• Visited October 2012