“Best Italian in a long time”
Review of Buona Tavola

Buona Tavola
Ranked #2 of 205 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 10th Street
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Wow, what has happened since the most recent review? Must have been a complete make-over, because we loved it! Just a block away from the Paso Robles Inn on the main drag. We are from Philadelphia and very used to excellent Italian cuisine there, so we usually try to avoid Italian when travelling, but were very happy we tried this restaurant. The service was attentive, but a little inexperienced. The food was excellent! We had the fettuccine al sugo di carni miste, and I could have eaten all of it, but I had the daily special branzino, which was also excellent. It was accompanied by crunchy green beans, wonderful mashed potatoes, and slightly sweetened shredded carrots that I loved. The manager went out of his way to locate the wine we wanted and it was reasonably priced. The dessert of ice cream topped with espresso was heavenly. I would definitely recommend this and would go there again.

Reviewed November 18, 2008

I thought it was not necessary to spend time to describe a so uninteresting restaurant but trip advisor dont accept my short one just to say avoid this restaurant: why?
hese are details;
party of 2 nov 16th dinner
-the first plates salad of parma with too much vinegar in the salad and agnoloti with sampi and safran precooked and served in no more one minut after order; scampis? not sure.
after we share the special beefs with porcini of the day! details, taste rare, no gastronomy at all.
Hope now this review may help travellers to skip this.
I have a good address in Paso Robles but maybe I'm not authorized to say you in this report
Bon appetit
No pics!!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2008

A pedestrian dining experience. The veal saltimbocca, the only veal dish on the menu, was okay if you've never had this dish before. The house salad dressing was too vinegry and tart - we couldn't eat more than a few bites. Our waiter suggessted two Italian wines by the glass. We wisely asked for a taste of each, and were both terrbile. The $12 a glass wine was worse than the less expensive one. These wines had clearly gone bad after being opened and shouldn't have been offered. We didn't have pasta, but from the look of the pasta dishes around us, we didn't miss anything.

Reviewed November 23, 2007

We have eaten here three times and have always enjoyed our meals. From seafood salads to more traditional Italian entree's we have never had a bad experience

1  Thank Karen12350
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Usually I take these reviews with a grain of salt. Yes I checked the reviews but restaurant was recommended by hotel staff. Yikes! While the food was good the service was terrible. Restaurant was practically empty and yet our server ignored us and spent her time talking to another staff member. When my husband joked he would have liked another glass 30 minutes ago, she replied "I was here 10 minutes ago" with quite the attitude. Needless to say, no more wine, no coffee, no dessert. A shame really, but seems to be a re-occuring problem.

1  Thank neptunes_queen