“Overpriced for an Italian Restaurant”
Review of Buona Tavola

Buona Tavola
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 10th Street
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I really don't get why this place is so highly rated. Went here with a group of 6, and both my g/f and I felt this place was way overpriced. First off, $16 corkage is just too much to charge someone. This place is basically saying, don't bring that special wine you've just discovered. The g/f and I both ordered pasta dishes (vegetarian) and $16 is the going rate for an average basic pasta meal (no meat). The caprese salad was good ($9.50), dessert was $10 for the choc. souffle with coffee $3.75. I don't mind spending some money for above average food (think Roberts, Villa Creek or Artisan), but this place doesn't deserve it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had heard many positive reviews and raves for this restaurant. I love italian food but this place was pretty pricey and did not deliver the food quality for the cost level. We took a bottle of our own wine and they did allow that and charged $16 for corkage, thought that was a little heavy. I had a ceasar salad which was pretty good, they ask if I wanted sardines with it and I said ok, salad had 4 strips on it and when the billl came they charged $2.50 extra???? Never mentioned that $$ when ask if I wanted them. I had penne ariabattia which normally has allot of spice but this one was very saucy and no heat, had to use their crushed red peppers. My wife had one of the specials with a very nice homemade wide noodle with a cream sause and orange infused homemade sausage. She didn't like it much except for the noodles.
Service staff were ok.
Will not go back

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We loved our meal at Buona Tavola. We had homemade pasta (tortellini filled with meats) and a pair of quail stuffed with pear and prosciutto, all prepared perfectly. Our starter of fennel soup was wonderful. Now we have a second restaurant to return to in Paso Robles (besides our favorite, Artisan).

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by someone at the James Tobin winery and she was right! Easy to find, nice atmosphere and wonderful Italian cuisine. An exgtensive wine list, although only a few from the area. My partner tried the feature salad with gorgonzola cheese and found it to be very good. For a main course I had the pumpkin/ricotta pasta dish which was the best pasta I have ever had in my life! It was so light that it melts in your mouth! My partner had the seafood pasta and found it to be great too. Definitely a wonderful find and one that I would not miss if returnign to Paso Robles area!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have eaten here both times we visited Paso Robles and both times the food and service was fantastic. The servers are knowledgeable about both the food and the wine and it is a pleasure to spend an evening there.