“Four stars for paso, 3.5 for big city”
Review of Buona Tavola

Buona Tavola
Ranked #2 of 208 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 10th Street
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had eaten here a number of years ago and was impressed. This trip it was just above average. My caesar salad was very good & the tomato soup enjoyable. However, our entrees were just average. My tube pasta didn't taste homemade (if so, when made?) and my wife"s Pollo scamiciato alla Vinaggia was a bit overcooked & she just didn't love the flavors. The bread was also just okay. Best part was the service - our female server was superb!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had dinner here on a Saturday evening. Place was crowded/popular, and we had made a reservation late in day so were lucky to get one for 8:15 pm. Friendly place, good food, and good wine.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were told this was the place to eat in Paso if you wanted Italian food. It was better than I was thinking it would be for a small town with a huge "cowboy" demographic (haha). We started with some bruscetta nd some of their own salami and cheeses. Delicious!
I had the fish special and it was superb. My date ordered some angel hair pasta with garlic, tomatoes, capers etc. It was a nice size portion and the pasta was excellent. Our server , Alex is one of the best waiters I have had ever, period. Thank You for a great meal , the kind service , the beautiful Italian music , and the wine you helped us pick. Ciao!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were wine tasting and asking about Italian Restaurants, and this was highly recommended, and I can see why. Warm, pleasant atmosphere, plus great food. Antipasti? spelling? the salami/cheese starter was paired with wine and was a great start. Heard they make their own sausages/ salamis. The pasta course was also quite good, and the steak on arrugala perfectly cooked. Did the January 30dollar 3 course special, so for us it was great, paired with the wine it came to 45, but the wine pairings with each course were well worh it. I am not sure prices otherwise, but probably on the pricier side, but well worth it for a special event.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

When you step into this restaurant you feel like you have entered another country...Italy! The music is enchanting, the service is excellent only to be outdone by the food itself. The locally produced salami is mouth watering. We were served pork chops that were inches thick and juicy, produced from local pigs fed on acorns. The pasta is homemade and the sauces add to their delicious flavor. Try the ravioli, they cannot be described, they must be experienced. Make a reservation if you want to be seated immediately.