“Very nice lunch - interesting menu.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Artisan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 179 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th and Pine
Description: Artisan serves dinner every night starting at 5:30pm. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-2:30pm. On weekdays, we open at 3pm and offer an afternoon menu until dinner service begins at 5:30pm. This afternoon menu is also offered between brunch and dinner service on Saturday and Sunday. Our full service bar is always open during business hours. Artisan supports local, sustainable and organic practices.
Oxnard, California
“Very nice lunch - interesting menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The 4 of us shared 4 items from the lunch menu and enjoyed them all. The servings are not huge but we were definitely satisfied when we left. The server was very nice and helped with our choices, The combinations are very creative. We ate in the bar area and watched the bartender make some very interesting drinks. The dining room is quite large and we really liked their use of old windows as decor but the bar area has a more cozy feel.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

califorina
“you should be back to #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We almost didn't go back to the Artisan because you had drop down from last years # 1 on trip advisor' rating to #14 and I don't understand why!!
We had one of the most memorable evenings around food, wine and good friends thatwe have had in awhile
We were walk in on a busy 4th of July weekend seated immediately a very comfortable booth had Kelva? as our server who was so knowledgeable of the food source,the preparation,the taste and presentation she did not miss a beat.
she guided us how many dishes we needed, we did small dishes and mains, specials and menu items
and once we had our food organized we went on to the wine and boy did she make some GREAT suggestions
Thanks again for a great meal and evening!!!

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average expensive poorly served food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our waitress, though cute, kept asking us if our food tasted well. Hmmm. Is that possible? We chose to dine in the bar, as it appeared quiet with a nicer view than the restaurant. It did get busy, but when the assistant manager chose to allow four or five children with their two sets of parents to be seated at the bar (there is a law against that, right?) the bar became a lot busier and nosier. We ordered a small plate and then an entree. The food was nothing special- lots of ingredients- none seemed to work together well. The meal was quite expensive, the bussing staff was good, but the waitress, though pleasant, knew nothing about the menu and not very apologetic about it (or her poor grammar). I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Judith F
Los Angeles, California
“Magical Meal Heaven Inspired”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner July 4th and July 5th here at our favorite restaurant in Paso Robles. We come up here 2-3 times a year from a little town south of here called Los Angeles. We make a long weekend by having dinner two nights and Sunday brunch at Artisan before going home.
We have been coming for years, long before their move.
Let me tell you, like any restaurant making making a move to larger and better place can go through hickups. They are past the change.
The servers, Alissa and Mel were teriffic. They were attentive, friendly(not too), and delivered contributing to a perfect culinary experience.
Personally I prefer the pace to be unhurried so I can savor the artistic, magical, creative heavenly preparations of Chris in the kitchen.
I enjoy the idea that I can have an appetizer followed by one or two small plates then a large plate.That way I get a taste of the restaurant.
July 4th I started with barbecued pig wings. I call them wings of angels. They are actually pork belly. The top was crispy and the middle was a cloud of pillow that melted in my mouth. It was not heavy greasy like a lot of pig fat. The meat of the belly was full of flavor and together it was the BEST pork belly I have ever had.
Next I had the salt and pepper quail. The meat was plump and moist and perfect. I have had quail at too many places that overcook and dry out the meat. It had a really nice plum sauce.
My main course was the Boar tenderloin. I do not order pork in too many places. Most dry out the meat to where I can't even eat it. Not here.It was medium rare, tender and delicious.
I tried just a bite of my wife's chicken dish. It was not only moist but the balanced flavor permeated
the whole bite. Not just smeared on.
July 5th
I started with the Abalone which was accompanied by avocado, gazpacho and street corn. Those combinations worked delightfully together. The Abalone was tender not chewy or gummy.
For my main course I had the Wild King Salmon. Accompanied by two kinds of beans, pan fried farro and artichoke caponata. The salmon was full of flavor as I would expect from wild. It was cooked medium rare, moist and scrumptious. The vegetables worked together without anyone taking over from another. Perfect dish.
Chris is a magician when it comes to combing flavors that come together like a trip to food heaven.
Thank you the whole Artisan crew.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Inventive food with fun wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Ate at Artisan in June, and found it to be excellent. Had goat cheese with Ale fondue to start, and it only got better after that. Loved the central coast wine flights! Need more restaurants like this!

Visited June 2014