“A Great Find,”

The Oaks Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent one night at The Oaks in Paso Robles and wished we had more time to stay longer. The hotel is new and everything about it is great. The rooms were very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. Considering that we didn't have a prior reservation, I thought that the room rate of $119 was reasonable. Breakfast is included and there is a wine bar in the lobby. If you need a place to stay in Paso Robles, then this is the perfect location. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nothing negative I can say about this hotel. The rooms are perfect, nicely sized and extremely comfortable, nice amenities and the hotel is in a good location near the major highways for travellers. The customer service is great; all the staff are kind and helpful and work hard to make your stay the best as possible. This is the best place to go in the area and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The rooms are well-appointed, and the bed was fabulous. The location is handy for the wineries along and off of highway 46. It is a distance from downtown, which has several very good restaurants, but not all that far. Adelaide Inn (virtually next door) is a better value, price wise, but the Oaks Inn is a little more upmarket. Nice robes, slippers, toiletries, etc. Not sure why people rave about the breakfast. We saw no sign of omelets or much else but runny scrambled eggs and fatty sausage. No whole grain anything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane H
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on Christmas Day. We both travel extensively for work and pleasure and we both agreed that the customer service at this hotel was the best we've ever experienced. The owners genuinely care about their guests and go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The hotel is very dog friendly and it was so nice to meet the other guests and their "kids". Although we weren't hungry, we overindulged on cheese, crackers, and grapes in the room, along with a couple of bottles of great Paso wines, we sat at the bar and split their fixe-prix Christmas dinner which included a nice spring salad with goat cheese and cranberries, a perfectly cooked prime rib, green beans with shallots and almonds, sweet potato with marshmallows and a phenomenal crème brulee When we left the next morning, Mary asked which wineries we were going to and provided us a copy of the wineries that were open/closed the day after Christmas. We hadn't thought about certain wineries being closed for the holidays, but again, their attention to customer service was right on. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Paso.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be excellent. Hotel seems to be well insulated. Didn't hear other guests or...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I am still here and so thrilled to have found this marvellous hotel. Over the last years my wife and I have stayed in many hotels here in Paso. From the moment I made the reservation I could feel the friendliness. It has continued in every way. Both Mary and Philip have genuinely cared to make our stay all we could hope for. I wish I could take them with us to every hotel we ever stay at throughout the world. Because of a fall a week before coming here, I had trouble walking. Philip helped me with our luggage and arranged for our room to be close to the elevator. I made reservations for dinner in their restaurant, "Indulge" what a treat. Really tasty delicious dishes. The salad was very fresh and local ingredients. Cheryl the chef, young but scrumptious. The prime rib was cooked perfectly and wonderful. The sweet potatoes with marshmallow was a winner.
I have to say the other reviews which directed me to The Oaks Hotel were right. Thank you!! If you have any reason to be in Paso Robles you "Must" stay and eat here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 800FoodFanatic800
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I came to Paso after Thanksgiving and had a wonderful stay. This was my second time at this stay and had a great experience once again. Staff is very helpful, the breakfast is good, the dinner is awesome! I had the bacon mac 'n cheese with apple slice which IMO was amazing! I ordered the Indugle's Hamburger, which was great as well. Overall a great place to stay. I also like to add that I had left my comb in my room and contacted the hotel. They found my comb and mailed it back to me. Which I believe is great customer service! Hope to stay here again next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Luis G
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Came here over Thanksgiving this year for winery and brewery tasting tours. Paso has become the hotspot for wineries, who would have thought. The hotel is new, with spacious rooms, reasonable rates and 10 foot ceilings. The rooms are quiet, and the hotel, while close to everything Paso, is far enough from the freeway that you don't hear a thing.
Staff is friendly, rooms are well-appointed, pool is heated. Exercise room is small but nice, with two treadmills, an elliptical and a weight machine. Even the complimentary breakfast is worth staying for.
I will definitely stay here again when I return to Paso.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple