“Nicely done all the way around”

Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Houston, United States
“Nicely done all the way around”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This motel is new, very nicely decorated. Staffed by friendly folks and the big surprise is the abundance of power plugs that are readily accessible. The breakfast had lots of variety. The beds were very comfortable. All around a very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Robert G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dresher, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 17, 2013

After a long day of driving on the Coastal Highway with no destination, I was tried and looking for a place to spend the night. I had no info about the area and had never been there before. I used my GPS to seach for a Hilton property as I exited the mountains and it brought me here. I wasnt expecting much - just a hot shower and clean bed. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The hotel looked new. Decor in the lobby was very warm woods and I think there was a fire in the fireplace. The desk attendant was friendly and helpful in telling me all about the location as he checked me in. He expressed how happy he was that I chose to stay with them given that I had no destination and he was glad they could accomodate me (they were sold out the following night). I was able to check in and then go grab a salad from a restaurant across the street and there was a fridge and microwave in my room. It was dark when I arrived so I was delighted to awaken to the rolling hills of the vineyards. I enjoyed the free breakfast with other happy, social guests in the dining room before heading out to some morning wine tasting (yep!) and a visit to the nearby Hearst Castle. I heard many people saying this was their midway stop between Los Angeles and San Fran. I have also learned that people are starting to enjoy this wine country over the more popular (and touristy) Napa and Sonoma. I can see why. The sommeliers took a great deal of time with me and it really felt like a private wine tasting and class at each winery, as opposed to the crowded hustle at the Napa area vineyards. Great place to stop!! If I was planning a trip, I'd surely return here!

Room Tip: My room was on the back side of the hotel - overlooking the vineyard hills. I recommend this view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sedona, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn before. The location is perfect. This Hampton Inn is quite upscale. It is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed the cookies at the front desk. They also had a nightly (during the week) wine tasting of local wines and cheeses. Delightful! The business center is well-equipped and free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Larryetta S
Alta Loma, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very good experience. I am a Marriott Platnium member but I will definately stay here next time I am in Paso Robles. The Free breakfast was a nice perk. Rooms were very clean and quiet. Front desk staff was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank John R
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 6, 2013

As I expected from Hampton Inn & Suites also this location offered me a nice, comfortable and clean room. After a nice drive along scenic Highway 1 and through the mountains and the vineyards on the central coast this hotel was a good stopover.

Breakfast was as usual for an Hampton Inn which is perfect for me. The hotel is a short drive from downtown Paso Robles.

Staff was friendly and check-in efficient and quick. If I am in the area I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GerhardvN
Clovis, California, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice hotel but location can be a little confusing once you exit highway 101. The rooms are nice and pretty quiet except for the air conditioner. The internet connection was non-existent most of the time we were in the room. The location is close to shopping and restaurants along with all of the wineries that offer wine tasting. There is also a brewery a half mile away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Bill W
SAN JOSE
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my favorite stay in Paso Robles for a lot of reasons. The rooms are very nice and clean. Usually quiet at night and great staff. The only thing lacking is a good hot breakfast. Every time I stay here it's poor to inedible. Other than that, I love this hotel and come back repeatedly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business