“Nice Day in Paso”

Central Coast Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 24 Tours in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: What Better Way to Discover Paso Robles' Warm Hospitality, Farm-Fresh Food and Award-Winning Wines than by a Guided Walking Tour? A Central Coast Food Tour in Paso Robles will introduce you to this new culinary frontier where food, wine and history come together to create a most delicious experience. Did you know a Paso Robles wine won Wine Spectator's "Wine of the Year" in 2010, and the area was recently named the West Coast's "most exciting wine region" by Sunset Magazine? On your tour you'll enjoy a mix of food and wine tastings at six specially selected food and wine venues that best represent the array of agricultural, culinary and viticultural resources in the area. We'll help you get oriented to all that Paso (as we locals refer to the area) has to offer.
Hermosa Beach
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice Day in Paso”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was our stop-over on the way back home from Big Sur, and turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. Laura organized a very nice day of food wine and local history, accented by her charming tour-guide-in-training mother, Maryann.

Highly recommended. Hint: ask Laura about her private wine tours!

1 Thank Jaysquared

La Mirada, California
“Who knew, Paso Robles was sooo fun!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I highly recommend you take this tour as part of your Central Coast experience. My husband and I have been visiting the wineries of Paso Robles for over ten years, and we had no idea of all the history, fun facts, and places to go in Paso Robles. Our guide, Laura, and owner of Centra Coast Tours, had a fun, food and wine filled day planned for us. We visited six different locations, and were treated to the most delicious food!!! We really enjoyed not only the cuisine, but to hear about the history of the area was very interesting. At the Paso Robles Inn, we had a delicious, prime rib and white cheddar sandwich, paired with a local wine, and took a walk around the Inn and viewed pictures from the Inn's past. I have already invited all of my friends to call and book a tour when they are visiting the area, and I would strongly recommend you give it a try. They also have tours of SLO and several interesting options for fun and food. We will be taking another tour ASAP.

Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Upon recommendation from a friend, we signed up for this tour. Little did we know what fun was ahead. The historical knowledge of Laura (owner & guide) was amazing and we learned so much about the area. The haunted hotel info was very fun. Who knew that Paso held such secrets and excellent restaurants. We had hand made salami, empanadas, Sangria, wine & more wine; the dessert stop was the last of the day and was incredible. We are locals and never new such cuisine existed here. It was fantastic overall and we plan on taking friends from out of the area!

1 Thank JoeyB267
Manhattan Beach, CA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Make It a Destination”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My daughter and I had a free weekend and decided to drive north for LA and join Laura and her food tour. We have made food touring kind of our father daughter thing to do. We have been on tours in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Portland, and San Francisco. This tour was one of my favorites. Laura has amazing local knowledge and the restaurants she selected we the best.
The tour is modeled after a progressive meal with wine parings at each stop. The food was fresh and local. The wines were delicious. Our 4 hour adventure turned out to be a very relaxing time with new found friends. If you are traveling between San Francisco and Los Angeles, make this a stop on the way.. or make it your destination!

1 Thank randyy
slofoodie_2, Owner at Central Coast Food Tours, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your feed-back Randy. When you disclosed you were a major foodie and had taken many food tours I was concerned our tour wouldn't live up to your expectations. You make my heart sing to hear the tour rated at the top of your experiences. Thank-you so very much for choosing our tour, and sharing your feed-back.

I hope you will return to try our other tours!

Thank-you, again... Laura
Rialto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I went on the tour to fill a slow Monday afternoon and Laura made it memorable. She is so personable and knowledgeable about the Paso area. This was our first time to the area and we felt privileged to get an insiders view into the city in such a short time. It not only gave us in-depth knowledge into 5 of the areas gems through a progressive style lunch, but Laura gave us tips for things we could do during the next couple of days on our stay. The delicious food alone was worth the tour, but Laura put it over the top. We plan on returning to visit not only some of the stops on her tour , but some of her other suggestions as well. We also plan on taking her food tour of SLO next Summer when we return. Thank you Laura for opening up our eyes and taste buds to Paso!

Chad and Cindy N.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ChadNem
Wow! You make me feel like a "rock star!" I had a fabulous day with you - you and Cindy were so open to new experiences and trying new things. There is so much to share about Paso Robles and the Wine Country - I always worry I haven't shared enough of our treasures. Please do plan to return - I can't wait to share our farm-to-table tour or our San Luis Obispo walking tour with you. Call ahead so I can plan something special for you! Thank-you, again, for the kind comments.
Best, Laura