“Come Hungry”

Central Coast Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: What Better Way to Discover Paso Robles' Warm Hospitality, Farm-Fresh Food and Award-Winning Wines than by a Guided Walking Tour? A Central Coast Food Tour in Paso Robles will introduce you to this new culinary frontier where food, wine and history come together to create a most delicious experience. Did you know a Paso Robles wine won Wine Spectator's "Wine of the Year" in 2010, and the area was recently named the West Coast's "most exciting wine region" by Sunset Magazine? On your tour you'll enjoy a mix of food and wine tastings at six specially selected food and wine venues that best represent the array of agricultural, culinary and viticultural resources in the area. We'll help you get oriented to all that Paso (as we locals refer to the area) has to offer.
“Come Hungry”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful way to cap our vacation to Paso Robles. The sincerity and local knowledge Laura provides is outstanding. I highly recommend adding this tour to your itinerary. Only regret is not taking the tour on day one. Be assured you will not leave hungry.

Visited May 2013
slofoodie_2, Owner at Central Coast Food Tours, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank-you John! Your family was so very interesting to spend the day with... I only wish we had more time! I delight in the Southern part of the U.S. and you, your mom and dad are the perfect representations of Southern Culture, Wisdom and Kindness. Kudos to YOU for hunkering down and carrying on the Southern Tradition - I look forward to the wonders you will work on the family farm - among it's many other assets.

Please... don't hesitate to call for the ideas and connections we talked about.

Best,

OC, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a fun and interesting day”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Thank you Laura for showing us around Paso Robles. The food tour was a great mix of history, stories, great food and wine. From the first course at the organic Bistro to yummy deserts it was delightful. There was just the right amount of walking between food places. Good wines at each stop. And our special dietary needs were accommodated beautifully. Laura is a perfect host and guide, interested in her town and in us. She had lots of suggestions for other things to do and places to see during the weekend. Her rapport with the businesses we visited was obvious, chatting with the various owners was a special bonus.

Visited April 2013
slofoodie_2, Owner at Central Coast Food Tours, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank-You for the kind words! It was my pleasure to spend a beautiful afternoon in Paso Robles with you and Mike. I hope I've enticed you to return with the family to continue the exploration.
Take care,

Shalimar, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our CA trip!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Coming from Florida, we decided to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary in and around the wine region of Paso Robles. An internet search quickly revealed that Laura from Central Coast Food & Wine Tours had a great reputation, so we signed up! My husband and I were the only two in the group on Monday, and it couldn't have gone any better! Laura is a delight, and so full of information about the local area. We walked around downtown Paso Robles, sampling restaurant specialties with wine along the way. The stories of the history of the town were interesting, and Laura's enthusiasm for what she does is very evident. We would give her a 6-star rating if we could!
We also had an opportunity to meet Laura's husband, Yul, who guides the Central Coast Food Tour in San Luis Obispo -- he also has an engaging personality and knowledge of the area, which makes us want to sign up for his tour, too!

1 Thank DebC192
slofoodie_2, Owner at Central Coast Food Tours, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank-You Deb and Ron for choosing to share your anniversary with me! It's always a special gift to share in the 'glow' of a couple's happiness. I'm so very happy that both Yule and I had the opportunity to meet you and share our favorite places in Paso Robles Wine Country.
Keep in touch!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic and tasty intro to Paso”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We just enjoyed a fabulous 5 hours with Laura who welcomed us to Paso with an entertaining, informative and delicious tour. We were fortunate to be her only two guests today, so were spoiled by her personal attention to our individual interests and tastes. We learned about Paso's fascinating history (complete with ghost stories!) and loved her enthusiasm and obvious pride in the area. The walk around the downtown area was fun and filled with historical facts - her knowledge of the area is extensive and impressive. At each restaurant and winery stop, we were warmly welcomed and they were all ready with delicious food and wine, or other beverage, to match. It was clear that Laura has worked hard to establish very positive and strong relationships with each of these businesses - we felt like guests of honour wherever we went. One winery (Anglim) was actually closed today, but the owners opened for us and graciously poured several tastings when they recognized us as one of Laura's guests. Absolutely delicious food everywhere. Make sure to arrive hungry so you can enjoy it all! Pace was not rushed - Laura was very patient and generous in giving more of her time than normal, I'm sure. She also gave us many recommendations for winery visits and other things to do while visiting Paso. We are SO HAPPY we started our visit with this tour and are most grateful to Laura for her hospitality and fantastic introduction to Paso.

Visited April 2013
slofoodie_2, Owner at Central Coast Food Tours, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I so appreciate your positive comments! I had a wonderful time with you and Peter, and learned a lot about the wine industry in Vancouver, B.C. I hope your few days in Paso's wine country will just be a 'teaser' for many more trips to follow! Please don't hesitate to contact us upon your future return.

Best, Laura
San Luis Obispo, California
“Amazing Day”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Tour through Paso was amazing. I learned so many things about the City and Laura did a wonderful job sharing her knowledge. Then there is the food. Each restaurant had fantastic food and wine. I was full about the second stop but it didn't stop me from eating at the next two. This is not just a tour for visitors. I live in SLO and would recommend to everyone.

Visited April 2013
Wow.... I am sooooo happy you had a good time! I sometimes struggle to make sure everyone's needs get met when we have a couple groups together. I'm really glad that you felt good about your tour, and felt I was able to customize it to your interests. I so appreciate you spending the afternoon with me and trying our new tour of Paso Robles. Thank-you!

Best,