“Estrella restaurant......the most delicious and unique flavors with a latin/caribean influence”
Review of Estrella - CLOSED

Estrella
Cuisines: Argentinean, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park St
Transit: AM Track Train Depot 2 blocks south on cross street -Pine street
Description: 11-2 Lunch daily - 11-2:30 Fri, sat Dinner 5-10 pm Daily. A beautiful restaurant down town directly on the city park in a gorgeous old brick bldg., "Modern Latin" menu w/ influences from Spain, Argentina and the Mexico. Large groups, rehearsal dinners and private parties welcomed. Executive Chef Travis Borba, Michael Learned and team, offer fresh, savory dishes w/out heavy sauces. More popular dishes include 3 varieties of Chile Relleno, Patagonia NY Strip, Enchaladas and moist fish entrees. Prime Rib-Eye Steaks with a fantastic Chimichurri sauce. The house made Sangria is well known, and compliments the long list of remarkable local wines and brews. Very friendly service and professional decor complete with handmade furniture and plush upholstered chairs. Beautiful Patio dining out front overlooking the city park - 815 12TH ST ACROSS FROM THE PARK GAZEBO, find us open table
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Last night I had the most wonderful meal at Estrella. First, we had the steamed muscles in a cream chorizo sauce served with toasted garlic bread to dip in the killer sauce. YUM! Then I had the flank steak (cooked to perfection) served with a pepper sauce and garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. SO good!! And the service was the best I've had in years! All the staff was so helpful and personable. Amy, our server, was all smiles and delightful...and so professional. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the Cuban sandwich, which was recommended by our waiter Joel, and it was outstanding. Pork was done to perfection. It came with sweet potato fries, best I've had. My girlfriend loved her chile relleno. We also had the trio of guacamole with their homemade chips. My favorite was the chipotle. The Resturant had a cool vibe and Joel helped make it a great experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling north and stopped in Paso Robles for lunch. This was our second visit to Estrella for lunch under the same circumstances. We found the food to be very tasty, authentic and very diverse. We both had the cactus soup followed by the masa cakes. Both were rich, flavorful and with the right amount of spice. We are foodies and search out restaurants with unusual menus - Estrella fits this to a tee! For dessert we shared the Mexican bread pudding that had apples, raisins, cinnamon and a glorious Carmelites crust, served with a side of ice cream - to die for!
You can bet that on our next trip north we will be back for another tasty lunch.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great location. Convenient and in the middle of downtown. We picked a street side table for lunch on 3/15 to enjoy our SAT sun and sound of Paso Robles. I had a coffee (too much in the last three days) and my hubby had two beer. However, It took them a while to find us sugar and cream :) Our lunch was Chile Relleno and Canitas Taco. Tasted OK. This menuw as more Mexican than Latin/Spanish. Service was good. Very attentive and personable. The decor was very pretty (check out the restroom) and a few paintings of Spanish bull fighters were very bold/colorful. Will I come back for dinner? No. Lunch? Probably. Value? Not cheap. I guess it is a better place for drinks in the afternoon while enjoying people watching and sun & sound of downtown.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The dinner is delicious. Good portions and good prices too. Love the atmosphere here! I would recommend making reservations if you plan to dine here on a weekend after 8p.m. The service was great! They have a pastry chef onsite so the desserts are delish!!! The Sangria is a must have. I haven't had sangria that delicious since I visited Spain! We will dine here again if we're ever in Paso!