“Fabulous tapas, lively atmosphere and great service”
Review of Estrella - CLOSED

Estrella
Cuisines: Argentinean, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park St
Transit: AM Track Train Depot 2 blocks south on cross street -Pine street
Description: 11-2 Lunch daily - 11-2:30 Fri, sat Dinner 5-10 pm Daily. A beautiful restaurant down town directly on the city park in a gorgeous old brick bldg., "Modern Latin" menu w/ influences from Spain, Argentina and the Mexico. Large groups, rehearsal dinners and private parties welcomed. Executive Chef Travis Borba, Michael Learned and team, offer fresh, savory dishes w/out heavy sauces. More popular dishes include 3 varieties of Chile Relleno, Patagonia NY Strip, Enchaladas and moist fish entrees. Prime Rib-Eye Steaks with a fantastic Chimichurri sauce. The house made Sangria is well known, and compliments the long list of remarkable local wines and brews. Very friendly service and professional decor complete with handmade furniture and plush upholstered chairs. Beautiful Patio dining out front overlooking the city park - 815 12TH ST ACROSS FROM THE PARK GAZEBO, find us open table
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a great evening at Estrella in Paso Robles right on the Square. We had tapas seated in the window seat served by one of the best ever servers, Dawn. The bottle of wine I had chosen was out of stock so Dawn brought back two suggestions and opened them for us to try, she offered us samples and we chose a great Spanish white to accompany of spicy tapas. The crowd was friendly and lively, staff was on top of the scene, a combination for a memorable dinner.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I chose a couple of very traditional dishes (empanadas and chiles rellenos), only to find that each was done in an unusual way, and was delicious - only the remarkably bland "salsa" (pico de gallo, actually) disappointed. But a fine meal, overall; in a large, attractive room, with very personable service and a good selection of local wines.

1  Thank Ranke
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I guess this type of food is not my style. The Rib Eye Steak (which was recomended earlier) was tough and flavorless for both my spouse and myself. The Halibut Specials were not impressive for our guests either. The service was not up to par. We all agreed that the food and service was a LOT better at Roberts which is a sister resterant to Estrella and one that I have written a glowing report on before but we thought we would try this one this time-big mistake,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We wwnt to Estrella for our Christmas party adn also used them catering for a very high end dinner for 300 people. Thay did a fabulous job and let me tell you I am very picky because I married a chef. I highly recomend you try them when you are in downtown paso Robles and you will not be dissapointed.

1  Thank 397JenniferW
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were in town visiting from Montana. Although, I grew up in Paso, Estrella certainly dis not exist. What an elegant setting with an AMAZING menu!! We enjoyed patio seats facing the park and our server Dawn took the experience to the next level. She was a classy lady that knew her tequillas and import beers, what a treat.
The tapas menu was a blast and you can't beat the ambiance. Put Estrella on your list while in Paso!!