“"Oh my goodness"”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park St
Transit: AM Track Train Depot 2 blocks south on cross street -Pine street
Description: 11-2 Lunch daily - 11-2:30 Fri, sat Dinner 5-10 pm Daily. A beautiful restaurant down town directly on the city park in a gorgeous old brick bldg., "Modern Latin" menu w/ influences from Spain, Argentina and the Mexico. Large groups, rehearsal dinners and private parties welcomed. Executive Chef Travis Borba, Michael Learned and team, offer fresh, savory dishes w/out heavy sauces. More popular dishes include 3 varieties of Chile Relleno, Patagonia NY Strip, Enchaladas and moist fish entrees. Prime Rib-Eye Steaks with a fantastic Chimichurri sauce. The house made Sangria is well known, and compliments the long list of remarkable local wines and brews. Very friendly service and professional decor complete with handmade furniture and plush upholstered chairs. Beautiful Patio dining out front overlooking the city park - 815 12TH ST ACROSS FROM THE PARK GAZEBO, find us open table
Reviewed April 1, 2013

For starters we were waited on by a very nice and knowledgable waitress named Dawn who gave her detailed description of what latin riviera cuisine was all about.
My wife had the scallop ceviche which was absolutely delectable, I had the Argentinian ribeye steak with chimichurri sauce that I would highly recommend.
The atmoshere was intimate and romantic.
For delicious food and a romantic evening I would highly recommend Estrella.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant several times and eat at their sister restaurant, Robert's fairly frequently. We really like their food, really delicious! There is not much about which I can complain, but a suggestion I would make is to offer more local wines. The first time we went, I tasted several of their foreign wines and didn't care for any of them. I resorted to beer, and I never do that. We make wine, and I like to think I'm fairly open to trying new wines, but we didn't go back after that, because I like to have a glass of wine with dinner.

We went back again on a week night with friends during the holidays and they had added a few more local wines to their menu. I would recommend adding many more, perhaps a few of the Garagiste wines, if you're looking for bold, innovative, rebel wines. I get that the restaurant features different fare, but I want to have a great selection of great wines to accompany the great food.

The only other constructive input we had was that it was only 9:00 p.m. and we had ordered desert and our bill was brought before our desert was and the staff was closing up and waiting by the door, clearly ready for us to leave. This usually doesn't occur at Robert's and had not at this restaurant previously, but it was something that could be easily improved upon.

With the addition of more local wines and tweaking the last issue, I would definitely award it five stars and I do plan to try it again.

1  Thank KAKLA/Paso
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place has very nice atmosphere. Spanish music playing, cozy bar stools and friendly staff. I got the plantain crusted halibut and was very happy. We ordered wine from chili and it was very tasty. Our server Dawn was great and warm and knowledgable about the menu. We had a nice time.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I would recommend this place to eat/try. I ordered the "Braised Caribbean Chicken" even though I am not a fan of coconut, it was exquisite ! The flavor for the entree was nothing like I had ever tasted. My wife had the Mahi Mahi special and stated it was really good. The restaurant is right in downtown across from the park, it has upstairs seating (would be very nice seating if you can sit by the railing) and also outside seating which would be very nice on warm days.

1  Thank Lar C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been twice. On e for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the food was good. I had the pork sanwhich for lunch and it was very flavorful and plenty filling. I wanted a small salad and didn't realize until I got my bill that it was 8 bucks. The entree was only 9!!! For dinner I had the steak. It is nothing special, other than the fact that they put a green sauce on it which is very good Wasn't real thick, maybe .5 inch cooked. Favors were all very similar so now that I have been there a couple times I probably won't go back because of the price