“Excellent Burgers and Fries” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pappy McGregor's
Ranked #25 of 191 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pappy McGregor's Pub & Grill has an atmosphere that blend's Irish and American traditions. Always lively, always fun and always busy, Pappy McGregor's is just the right place for you to have a cold pint, eat a great meal, and meet up with new and old friends. Our executive chefs, brothers Chris & Martin Beckett, have created an extensive menu made up of gastro pub quality items. We strive for every plate to be a work of art that's better than any other typical pub. Our creative menu is made up of comfort food favorites like the Prime Rib Sandwich, Steak & Shrooms, Farm Stand BLTA, Grilled Cheese, and Tomato Bisque. We also feature a wide variety of seafood dishes like the locally famous fried Calamari, Raw Blue Point Oysters, Fresh Halibut & Chips, and Oysters Rockefeller. Our Prime Rib Chili and Lobster Mac and Cheese have both won multiple awards in local food competitions. Pappy McGregor's Pub & Grill proudly features fully stocked bars, with more than 150 sprits, imported beer, and an extensive craft beer list. We support our local wineries and feature only local wine from San Luis Obispo Co. Come by for our daily Pappy Hour or join us for our multiple weekly evening specials and events like Pub Trivia Night, Karaoke, and Live Music. Pappy McGregor's always has the big games on with our plenty of TVs you won't miss a second of your favorite team. When you're in downtown Paso Robles, stop by Pappy McGregor's Pub & Grill and see why we have been voted Best Bar/Pub for 8 straight years. You won't be disappointed no matter if its food, drink or a good time you are looking for.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent Burgers and Fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We planned a trip to the California coast in early Feb. and spent a night in Paso Robles on the way. We stopped in on Superbowl night to Pappy McGregor's for burgers and to watch the game. The bar was quite busy with football fans, and we were impressed with the service. The food was great. We've never had garlic fries and really enjoyed them. The burgers are great and I had a grilled cheese that was out of this world. I believe they have live music some nights, and this would be a great place to hang out with friends.

• Visited February 2012

California
“We Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Good Live Music, Great Food and Drink and and Good Service. If we lived here it would be the sort of place where we may become "regulars"

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Huntington Beach, California
“Formerly The Twisted Kilt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have been going to Paso Robles for at least 10 years and had never set foot in here. Probably because I would have deduced that it was an Irish bar, long on whiskey and short on food. I could not have been more mistaken.

We initially went here to "scope it out" as a pontential site to watch a college football bowl game. While we arrived at lunch time and there were plenty of seats available in the dining room, we grabbed a couple chairs at the bar as was our custom. That is where we received the first impression that this was more than a local bar.

The bartender, Donovan, not only knew most of the people at the bar, he also was very connected to the wait staff suggesting that he both liked them, and was in charge of them. It turns out that was the case, he was essentially the Manager on Duty.

When asked about a drink while we perused the menu, my wife asked what he would recommend. Donovan said they were well known for the Bloody Mary's. As he prepared that my wife asked what was good on the menu. Knowing we wanted a small meal he recommended the calamari noting that it was breaded strips, not rings and tenacles. That was perfect for my wife. I had a beer and the wedge salad.

My wife raved about the Bloody Mary so much so she had a second. She agreed with Donovan that the calamari is probably the best she had ever had. And while my wedge salad was pretty much like any other wedge salad, it was a generous portion perhaps lacking in only some lumps of blue cheese. Hard to go wrong with that.

We were so sold on the service and the food we did indeed return the next day for the bowl game. My wife had Prime Rib Chili which was a meal unto itself. I had the grilled cheese sandwich with tomato bisque. Both were deemed to be excellent. I think the tomato bisque was the overall winner in terms of execution and taste.

Both time we visited Pappy's it was lunch. My guess is there is a completely different crowd in there in the evening given that it is a local music and dance venue as well. I can tell you when we were there, however, that both the service and the food was exceptional.

• Visited December 2011