“What a Gem!”

Habaneros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 212 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Dined there recently and could not have been more impressed. GREAT authentic Mexican style food in a tasteful setting with lovely service. My only hesitation in writing this review is that it will get so busy, I won't be able to get a table.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a great mexican restaurant. Nice, neat little place, friendly waitress. Beyond all, great food.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We moved to Paso about 10 weeks ago and have been trying out many of the restaurants. There are a lot of Mexican restaurants and this is maybe the 5th or 6th one we have tried. It is by far the best of those we have tried.

First off, the salsa and chips we the best we have had in Paso. The salsa was fresh made and the chips were also fresh. This salsa might be too mild for some, but great for us. My wife had fish tacos and I had chili Colorado. Both were excellent. The chili Colorado was different in that it was thin steak instead of the normal chunks of beef but it was quite good. The menu had a number of interesting sounding items and we will return to try some of them.

We were there on a Tuesday evening and it was fairly busy. The waitress commented it was busier than normal for a Tuesday, but she (the only waitress) and the one cook seemed to keep things under control. It is a fairly small restaurant with maybe eight tables inside and three outside. Most were filled and there were a number of takeout orders while we were there.

If you like Mexican, give this a try.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

No Michelin stars here, just really good, inventive Mexican food. Half of the menu is fish and shrimp. Not your standard chiles rellanos, but interesting treatments of beef, pork, chicken and vegetables. I had Chicken habaneros and my wife had vegetable fajitas. With 3 beers, under $40. Black cloth table cloths and white cloth napkins set a tone above the usual. Muy sabroso.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've tried every Mexican restaurant within 20 miles of Paso Robles, and this is far and away the best. It's the only one I'll go to now (and I consider myself a Mexican food "foodie" having grown up in the Southwest and spending my entire life traveling throughout Mexico, about 12 times per year.) The food is made from fresh ingredients and is like what you'd find at a restaurant in Mexico. This is not the standard so-called "Mexican" fare found in restaurants around here, where everything is smothered in melted cheese. This is the real deal!

1  Thank HKRoy