“Thanks, Trip Advisor! You saved my behind!”
Review of Springside

Springside
Ranked #23 of 195 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
California Bay Area
“Thanks, Trip Advisor! You saved my behind!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Over the Memorial Day weekend, we made a road trip on Highway 101 with a planned stop in Paso Robles. After researching on Trip Advisor, I had planned a stop for lunch at Berry Hill Bistro, but I was unaware of the Art Festival going on in the park across the street. There was a 30 minute wait, it was noisy (so obviously popular), and my husband had to park far away. We didn't have 30 minutes to wait. So we went off in search of other options, and our in-car guidance was no help. As we were driving along, I saw Springside, and I remembered positive reviews when I was researching Paso, and we were so happy to see the OPEN sign, so we screeched to a halt, made a U-turn and pulled in. What a godsend! Inside, it was cool and quiet, no waiting, a pleasant decor, and friendly, prompt service. We treated ourselves to the BLT that came with a pile of crispy, skinny fries. The sandwich was one of the best BLT's I've had, with the bacon cooked just right, and portions were generous. My one and only quibble was the top 40's soundtrack that was very audible in the quiet setting. These were the top 40's when I was in high school, and probably better left to that era... But I can't even call that a fault since some people still dig that sound, so please put this on your list! It was more than we could hope for, and the Trip Advisor community pretty much came to my rescue on this one! Thanks!

• Visited May 2013

Reuver, The Netherlands
“Great for breakfast.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We ate breakfast here and it was very good. The food tasted great and the staff was very friendly although they were real busy because the place was full.

A great place to eat a nice breakfast.

• Visited May 2013
Paso Robles, California, United States
“Cozy & comfortable”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've had breakfast at most of the breakfast spots in Paso and while a lot of them have great food Springside has great food and great service. The dining room is wide open rather than divided into booths and it feels comfy and cozy. The service is excellent with family members pitching in to help serve. The owner makes a point to visit each table to make sure everyone is enjoying their meal. Paso has lots of great spots, but Springside is quickly becoming my favorite. Can't wait until the weather warms up so we can sit out in their patio with the big red umbrellas.

• Visited February 2013
Salinas, California
“DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had breakfast here on the recommendation of other Trip Advisor reviewers.
On your initial drive-by viewing of the restaurant, it reminds you of the typical quaint looking house turned to restaurant. But once inside, well, that’s another story. The interior is decorated in warm European and somewhat elegant tones. Both my wife and I commented that it had a very comfortable feeling with a very friendly and attentive staff. Our breakfast was both very tasty and plentiful. I gave this restaurant five stars for value, quality, service, and décor.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“So Disappointed”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had breakfast at Springside a charming and cozy Paso staple. The service, including lots of great coffee, was the best part of the meal. My husband did the straightforward bacon-&-eggs thing but I decided to try one of their Eggs Benedict offerings, with avocado added to the traditional ingredients. Since the menu featured several variations on this classic, I made the unfortunate assumption that their Hollandaise was authentic. Wrong!! Although the server very kindly brought me a dish of lemon wedges to squeeze over the dish, the sauce was the look-alike some kitchens make based on chicken stock instead of lemon juice, egg yolk, and butter... In a town of food-savvy locals and lots of tourists, it's hard to understand why they would take this shortcut and ruin an otherwise excellently prepared dish.

Visited February 2013