“Friendly atmosphere, good food”
Review of Robert's Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Robert's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th street
Transit: AMTRACK train station directly 2 blocks south
Description: Step inside Roberts and congenial servers will welcome you. Dine in an elegant, yet refreshingly relaxed atmosphere of glossy woods, exquisite decor, and captivating photography. Experience the wine region of Paso Robles at the sleek handcrafted wine bar that features an impressive list of top wines and beers with an emphasis on local stars. Roberts celebrates the best of American traditions by providing you with beautifully prepared foods that are satisfying yet sensitively priced. Gather with your friends and family in a dining room that makes you feel both uptown and right at home. New extended lunch hours 11-4pm
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were traveling through Paso Robles and came across Roberts. The food and service were first rate.

There are newer reviews for Robert's Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our server, Robert, spoiled us the entire evening. Everything was delightful, from the interesting and artfully prepared food, to the sinfully delicious complimentary anniversary dessert. We loved the wine selection, and the opportunity to try such a variety. A beautifully decorated space, we look forward to another meal here. Classy.

2  Thank Fallbrook
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hubs and I were visiting from the Bay Area to wine taste in the area and were most happy to dine at Robert's, after a hard day's tasting! I'd made reservations in advance, right from the review page on TA, which was a nice convenience. We were seated immediately and yup, you guessed it...ordered a couple of glasses of wine. The waitress was very pleasant and helped us choose a local wine that would suit our tastes and proceeded to pour a HUGE glass for each of us...really, such a generous pour! We liked it so much that we hunted down the winery the next day for more tasting.

I started with the arugula salad, which was perfect and the hubs had the house salad...also very nice! I proceeded to the mahi-mahi, requested without the garlic lime sauce, which they nicely accommodated and got it right on the first try...not always the case! The hubs had the steak, which was cooked exactly to his liking and delicious. He asked that the garlic potatoes be substituted and they brought him rice for the side, with no problem. I have to say that the sauteed cabbage that came with my mahi-mahi was the yummiest...I have no idea how they did it, but it was spicy, unrecognizable as "sauteed cabbage" and such a fabulous compliment to the dish! We were VERY happy with our dinners and had no room for dessert or the Peet's coffee they serve, a big favorite of ours.

The atmosphere was very nice, with white linen tablecloths and tables not terribly close together, so one could actually have a conversation...an anomaly these days in most restaurants. At first, I thought perhaps it would be a bit of a "stuffy" place, but it was not at all...everyone was pleasant, friendly and offered excellent service. I would absolutely go back and would encourage you to go, as well!

1  Thank cali4niafoodie
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Wasn't our first choice, however we had a lovely meal. Food has some interesting and thoughtful touches. Enjoyed my salad starter, despite what I took to be tinned mandarins, and the dressing was amazing. Wish I had remembered previous comments I'd read about the over peppered steaks. Wow, mine (prime rib) had certainly been seasoned, whereas the fillet wasn't. Shame as less would have been more, still enjoyable though. Nice touch was our first drinks were complimentary because of our anniversary. Our server was helpful and knowledgeable, great customer service. Only odd thing was the rush to clear plates as soon as an eater was finished. Us foreigners are used to plates being cleared when everyone's finished their course. It was a bit pricey, however it was a special occasion and worth the treat.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Roberts is a classy and sophisticated gem. Great atmosphere. Service was friendly and efficient! Menu was varied and all our food was great. Arugula salad particularly tasty. Wine by the glass was very generous! Highly recommended!!