“Fine Place to Dine”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th street
Transit: AMTRACK train station directly 2 blocks south
Description: Step inside Roberts and congenial servers will welcome you. Dine in an elegant, yet refreshingly relaxed atmosphere of glossy woods, exquisite decor, and captivating photography. Experience the wine region of Paso Robles at the sleek handcrafted wine bar that features an impressive list of top wines and beers with an emphasis on local stars. Roberts celebrates the best of American traditions by providing you with beautifully prepared foods that are satisfying yet sensitively priced. Gather with your friends and family in a dining room that makes you feel both uptown and right at home. New extended lunch hours 11-4pm
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We eat here the first time on Sept 1, 2013 and Robert's is now on our must stop list when we are near Paso Robles (which is fairly often). On this Sunday night we could not get a table, the tall tables in the bar had a long wait list so we settled for one of the four tables out front, next to the sidewalk but shielded with a screen. This was an excellent accident as we thoroughly enjoyed our meal with a cool breeze, eves dropping on the people walking down the sidewalk, and excellent service from Jenny. Inside is crowded and noisy from very happy dinners but we liked the cool “patio.” For a starter, we shared an arugula salad with house dressing, goat cheese, and roasted nuts. The greens tasted like they had not been out of the field more than 30 minutes, excellent. We had the braised beef ribs stroganoff but over vegetables and the rack of lamb. Both dishes were outstanding and the reduction sauce with the lamb is at the top of the list of the best I have ever had. The wine list is all local wines (this is Paso Robles) and we let Jenny choose for us from the extensive list. Both our wines were excellent dinner wines and just right for the dishes. Highly recommend Robert's as a place to dine.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We dined at Robert's on our way home from a long drive. The service was outstanding from the beginning. We had JP and he was the best. Very friendly and informative, yet casual and made you feel like you were his new best friends. My husband had the lamb and enjoyed it very much. My filet was so tender it melted in my mouth. We each had an appetizer, an entree, (I had a cocktail ;-), and we split the dessert special. With all that our bill barely came to $100. The pace of the meal was not rushed, yet we weren't left waiting for anything. I was thinking of only giving four stars and not five because the bruschetta had way too much chopped (raw) garlic in it. I love garlic, but this was just too much. I could barely taste the tomatoes. But... I had made a mistake and really wanted to order the caprese salad (got my Italian words mixed up :-). When I mentioned MY mistake to JP, he brought out the caprese salad at no extra charge and I ate every last bit of it. Outstanding food, outstanding service! We will definitly be back.

1  Thank gradeschoolmom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ate here for first time based on recommendations from the net.

We were treated to excellent food, outstanding service and an overall great experience.

Appropriate decor for cuisine. Simple, yet elegant.

Three things of note:

1) The chairs are very, very comfy.

2) The prices are reasonable for the fare served. Excellent value.

3) They let you try your requested wine (by the glass) before they pour the whole thing. If
you don't like it, you can try something else (a nice touch). Also, they are not stingy
with their pours (another nice touch).

We live in the area and will definitely return.

1  Thank bigdog B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Crab cakes were amazing! It was a deceivingly small portion (but incredibly delectable) considering our entrees were so large. My husband had the short rib stroganoff (amazing), and I had the ribeye, mac and cheese, and broccoli. We accompanied our meals with a glass of Victor Hugo Winery's 2010 Opulence (recommend by our waitress - EXCELLENT CHOICE). Meal was absolutely mouthwateringly delicious. We savored every last bite. To finish the meal we ordered the white chocolate brownie strawberry shortcake. It was amazing! The symphony of flavors that it presented with the white chocolate brownie, strawberries, balsamic vinaigrette, and mint was unforgettable. Do yourself a favor and save room for dessert.

1  Thank kdavila
Reviewed August 19, 2013

On vacation and decided to go for dinner based on prior reviews and $10 corkage. Had JP as our server for the first night and he was wonderful. Very nice and outgoing and gave suggestions for his favorite entree's and wineries to visit during our stay. My husband and I both had the lamb and it was perfect. On the second night we had the filet and it was also perfect.