“"NOTHING comes close to O.H. Farm's, simply the BEST"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast
You added Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 29 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Temecula, California
“"NOTHING comes close to O.H. Farm's, simply the BEST"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This B&B is the perfect model for other's to follow, they define "home-away from home".

I have to be honest, I don't comprehend how anyone can be "a little disappointed" when you are under the care of (owners) Deb & Doug. They are the epitome of warm, friendly, accommodating, funny, great cooks & they sincerely treat their guests as if they were family. I take that back, they treat their guest BETTER than most families do. Mind you they are very authentic people & their transparency is what makes everyone feel comfortable in their OWN skin.

Guest House-comfy, warm, quaint, all the amenities you will need, super white glove clean & the views from the balconies are really beautiful. Very serene!
Main House-If you can believe it, even more comfortable than the guest house due to Deb & Doug being SOOO hospitable. This couple is truly AWESOME!!! Without these two the experience would have been very different.

Deb's breakfast rocks!!! She makes freshly squeezed juices, scrumptious baked items, great omelettes, french toast ect. as well as EXCELLENT tea & coffee. The spreads are super tasty, everything is always good! They care about all the details & it shows in all that they do.

Deb really blew us away.... she made our trip carefree :)

She assisted with winery recommendations, she set-up Destination Drivers (highly recommend, Sean) for us so that we would not have a care in the world while we planned for an all day trip out in the wineries. If that was not ENOUGH she allowed us to USE her OWN vehicle due to the fact that we drove up in our vette. Destination drivers utilized her car to drive us around town. Who does that!? Deb!

*ONLY- "CON".... all other B&B's seem cold & mediocre in comparison to O.H. Farm's

Skip corporate chains-head to Orchard Hill Farm's!

Room Tip: I personally prefer the guest room next to the main house, it's cozier. However, the other room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The main house IS a lovely English country style Manor, however we did not have access to the house, other than to breakfast each morning.

They have four rooms to choose from. My husband selected the only one with the King bed, which is located in the main house but with a private entrance. The bathroom is shared with another room in the house. That room has two twin beds. We were thankful no one else had booked that room.

In fact, no one booked the other rooms either. They are located in a separate building on the property. It was December, off season but without an off season rate. We paid $621.30 for two nights.

The owners were not in town. They hired a very nice woman to fill in for them while they were gone, and we very much enjoyed talking to her over breakfast.

The breakfast both mornings were delicious!!!!!!!

It rained the entire time we were there. We could not sit on the balcony because there was not an awning or covering. The main house porch furniture was in need of cleaning or we would have tried to sit there and watch the rain.

We figured we arrived at the wrong time of the year. I pictured sitting around a fire on the main porch of the house sipping on some hot chocolate and visiting with the owners or other guests. That is where my disappointment lay.

We enjoyed some quiet time sitting by the fire... but it wasn't a 'real' fireplace - it was electric! No internet service.

On our second night, I phoned the nice lady they hired to care take their property while there were gone to ask what was the password to access the house router and she tried to help out but could not. Thankfully, she said we could go over to the other building on the property where the other two bedrooms were.

This was delightful; two beautiful bedrooms with large bathrooms, a common living room (vaulted ceiling & fireplace!), and a full kitchen and dining area. We were so appreciative of being allowed to hang out for a couple of hours in more space with more to do. We found a small CD player with a fantastic selection of romantic music, along with several games. We played clue and enjoyed the lovely bottle of wine that was left for us.

I would recommend this B&B, for sure, just not during the winter or if it is raining. I realize this is no fault of the owners (of course), but it would have been nice to let us know that their property was not 'up to par' that time of the year. I'm certain it is a lovely place when it is in season. We felt like we missed out on what everyone talked about here on TA. My expectation was set high based on all the excellent reviews.

I would like to mention that the bed was very comfortable and the sheet were SO amazing that I came home and bought a pair right away!!

Room Tip: Not the main house!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Susan G
orchardhillfarm, Owner at Orchard Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am so sorry thhis was not a number 10 experience for this guest. I am so glad they liked Janet one of our helpers as she has such a heart of grace. The Garden View Room...our largest room has a private entrance, balcony and bathroom. Off of this room is another room...Sarahs Room...it is never rented to another couple for privacy issues. It is a perfect suite for an extended family member. Usually at check in...that is explained and our guests can use the extra space for luggage. I am so glad she enjoyed the bed, sheets and the food.

We have solved the internet problem as living in the Countryside presents issues. The rain...we are in such need of rain we are glad for each drop...our wine industry depends on it as well as all of us. from late Nov thru March we do get rain. Usually there are many hours during the day it stops and getting around is pleasant. so...I am thankful for the nice things this guest had to say and we will working always....doing our best.

Deborah
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was looking for a nice B&B to have a romantic wine-tasting getaway. I had the good fortune to stumble upon Orchard Hill Farm, which absolutely fit the bill. In the week leading up to our trip I exchanged numerous emails with Deb, who was very gracious and helpful in recomending wineries and restaurants. We drove up from LA for a long weekend, and as we headed out 46, we knew this was somewhere special. Out in the rolling hills of West Paso, and surrounded by great smaller vineyards, this place could not have been better located. At night it is very quiet - far from any highway - a nice change from LA. The room itself was good sized, nicely furnished, and had a very, very comfortable bed. The view was out over fruit trees and meadows, with a deck that looked out over an English garden. Our hosts were terrific about making dinner reservations for us and generally anticipating anything we might need or enjoy. Breakfast, was out of this world. Deb and Doug are two of the nicest inn keepers I have encountered over the years, and I would absolutely go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAdanReviews
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was one of the best B&B we ever stayed in and perfectly located in the middle of the wine country. The room was perfect (we stayed in the Garden View room) - really spacious, with a great bed and very cool old fashion furniture. The bathroom was in the same style with great bath products. The breakfast was delicious - I particularly enjoyed the stuffed croissants, and there was wine and desserts left in the room for us every day. Deb and Doug are very warm and wonderful hosts and they will go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you can possibly need. I definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for the best Paso Robles has to offer.

Room Tip: We loved the Garden View room. It's huge and it feels like you have the house all to yourself...
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing stay at Orchard Hill Farm B&B. The rooms and amenities are fantastic, and Deb and Doug are wonderful hosts who make a delicious breakfast! We loved going out wine tasting and also staying in to enjoy a glass of wine by the fire. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Orchard Hill Farm B&B. We had a room with a view of the gardens. We went for walks around the property & spent evenings enjoying local wines on our deck overlooking the garden. The room had the most comfortable bed, and along with the fireplace, it was very hard to leave in the morning. However, the gourmet breakfasts that were served, certainly gave us the incentive to get up and out to the dining room! Debbie and Doug were warm & friendly hosts and made us feel very much "at home". We would certainly recommend this location and we look forward to our next visit.
Keith & Mimi

1 Thank allenrk60
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending one nite at Orchard Hill Farm B&B and it was delightful. Most important to me is comfort and cleanliness and both of these were met. Our room was a large king & fireplace and a bottle of wine; and we enjoyed a full breakfast with other guests. The setting was relaxing and inviting and Debbie & Doug could not have been more accommodating and friendly. This was a welcome and quiet respite before heading to Hearst Castle and up the coast to Carmel. The area of Paso Robles, which we did not get a chance to explore, seems to be worth a visit, whether to visit the many wineries or to explore the beatuiful countryside.
I'm a first time Reviewer and a picky traveler and highly recommend!

Room Tip: Best to travel for arrival before dark although excellent directions are provided.
1 Thank rhinebecksue