“Fun for kiddy”

Atascadero, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun for kiddy”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Wish they had local specials and they allowed water bottles to be brought in, other than that it's fun

SLO, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A huge thank you and kudos to the owner and lifeguard staff that helped me when much to my suprise .I suffered heat stroke about 3 hours into our visit...(it was 105F). Their response was immediate, totally professional and I am truly grateful for their support. Besides the first aid response, they took me to a room with A/C to cool down, gave me a free meal and beverages and watched me closely until I had fully recovered. They also located my 9 y/o daughter and made sure she was cared for until I could return. I was so impressed by the lifeguard support in the water areas as well. Everyone in our group had a wonderful time, despite the crazy heat. Thank you, Ravine!

1 Thank pepperanella
Berkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend the day!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Took advantage of the cabana and food offer and was pleasantly pleased. The pizzas were nice, huge drinks and lovely waitress. The lazy river was the most fun for me, loved sitting in a tube and just floating on the water and the kids loved all the slides. A little bit smaller than I was expecting but overall a great day out!

oceano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“my little girl almost drowend”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

great time up till two of the life graurds disregarded my daughter drowning when i went to managment they told me well they have a lot to do for one i was a life graud and they had the wave pool with no more then 30 ppl in it split up in quadrents and one of the lifes grauds on shore(the front of wave pool) just shrugged as i was yelling at him that my little girl was drowning now i bet some of u reading this probably saying well why didnt u go in after her well for one i did and for two i had a 7month old in my arms and the other life graud closest to my little girl didnt do anythig eather i will be fialing a law sute against them it was a blatent disregaud for our safty and not to mention the manager admitted that the life graud on sore wasnt a real life graurd even though he worked every station that day including some of the slides horrible thank god i was there to swoop her just in time and thank god i took life gaurd classes when i was younger

4 Thank John C
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We'll definitely be back”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were visiting Pismo and getting tired of the foggy summer weather. The Ravine was a nice dose of sun and fun and only 30 minutes away. My four-year-old loved the tot pool with all of the fun slides and the shallow water. My husband and I took turns watching her and enjoying the tall slides and the lazy river. I could tell the staff was well-trained. The lifeguards were vigilant and obviously required to switch positions in the park at regular intervals to avoid fatigue. Every time I went to the high slides there were different employees there but they used the exact same methods and all were very pleasant and helpful. I saw nervous people get to the front and the employees would always explain that even if they fell off their innertube they would be fine to slide down the rest of the slide without it. I thought the food was very good and reasonably priced. There was a nice variety of snacks available as well. We went on a Friday after 4th of July and it wasn't crowded at all. There were plenty of lounge chairs and inner tubes. One slight downside was that the lazy river was a bit too shallow and it was easy to scrape feet or knees on the bottom. Also, I thought I had read in yelp reviews about there being too many bees. My daughter did get her first bee sting there by stepping on one near the tot pool slides. I would warn your children to watch where they step. Overall, a wonderful experience that I would definitely want to repeat.

Visited July 2012