Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent wines

Small boutique winery having earned a number of awards for most of their wines. Unpretentious... read more

Reviewed April 17, 2019
RonCentralCA
Capitola, California
Small and excellent

We have been wine tasting at Ecluse about four times and have never reviewed Ecluse before. I... read more

Reviewed February 9, 2019

from $69.00
from $79.95
from $144.00
More Info
All reviews barrel tasting small winery owner steve wine club great wine tasting room small boutique boutique winery down to earth my favorite improv ensemble winemaker wineries wines paso bordeaux
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I love this place. The winemaker, Anthony, is so knowledgeable and gave us some free barrel tastings. I feel like their wines get better and better. Their red blends are my favorite, but their Chardonnay is really good too.
The insider blend is my favorite, but I love the ensemble and improv too. Its hard to choose a favorite.
And they are dog friendly!

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank thorperrn
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by on Saturday 11/18/17 based off a recommendation from another winery. 1st impression was great. Gorgeous location, spectacular views. Tasting room was great. Wine barrels take up half the tasting room. Ecluse staff was very friendly and attentive. They did a barrel tasting of Cabernet Sauvignon which was fun and an extra special feature.
Wine was awesome! Tasted 1 white and 6 reds. Left with a bottle of their 2015 Prelude, a white blend and a bottle of their 2015 Improv, a Merlot blend. Their wine club does a once a year order of 6 or 12 bottles. I almost joined on the spot. Very reasonable prices. Overall we had a great visit and we will definitely be back again.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Thetipsydutchman
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Ecluse was recently named as one of the top 25 wineries in the US by Travel and Leisure Magazine! Congrats Ecluse. Well deserved!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank bladuca
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Amazing quality-just look at the awards from the most prestigious event (SF Chronicle). I have been to many, many wineries in this area (I am a local). Including all of the" big names" There are some other good ones also, but for the price/value this winery is one of the best!
Just went to their dinner, so tasted the wines with food-the ultimate method. Only "CG" does this. I do hate to tell others about them, but they deserve it.
Go if you are serious about wine. They are friendly, the setting is nice, but it's no Hollywood wannabe mansion.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank PaulO987
Reviewed April 16, 2017

I have been buying wine from Paso Robles wineries since the early '80's. This is one of a handful of best ones. And no pretentious Napa attitude (in general for most Paso wineries).
See the San Francisco 2017 Wine Competition results with loads of gold and even several double-gold wins.
Knowledgable staff. Martha assisted my wife & I with a great deal of wine savvy.
Located just west of the neighborhood west of Spring Street so easy to access.

Date of experience: April 2017