Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Excellent wines

Small boutique winery having earned a number of awards for most of their wines. Unpretentious... read more

Reviewed April 17, 2019
RonCentralCA
Capitola, California
Small and excellent

We have been wine tasting at Ecluse about four times and have never reviewed Ecluse before. I... read more

Reviewed February 9, 2019

from $69.00
from $79.95
from $144.00
More Info
All reviews barrel tasting small winery owner steve wine club great wine tasting room small boutique boutique winery down to earth my favorite improv ensemble winemaker wineries wines paso bordeaux
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Ecluse was recently named as one of the top 25 wineries in the US by Travel and Leisure Magazine! Congrats Ecluse. Well deserved!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank bladuca
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Amazing quality-just look at the awards from the most prestigious event (SF Chronicle). I have been to many, many wineries in this area (I am a local). Including all of the" big names" There are some other good ones also, but for the price/value this winery is one of the best!
Just went to their dinner, so tasted the wines with food-the ultimate method. Only "CG" does this. I do hate to tell others about them, but they deserve it.
Go if you are serious about wine. They are friendly, the setting is nice, but it's no Hollywood wannabe mansion.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank PaulO987
Reviewed April 16, 2017

I have been buying wine from Paso Robles wineries since the early '80's. This is one of a handful of best ones. And no pretentious Napa attitude (in general for most Paso wineries).
See the San Francisco 2017 Wine Competition results with loads of gold and even several double-gold wins.
Knowledgable staff. Martha assisted my wife & I with a great deal of wine savvy.
Located just west of the neighborhood west of Spring Street so easy to access.

Date of experience: April 2017
3  Thank RonCentralCA
Reviewed March 19, 2017

We are wine club members at Ecluse and always enjoy our visits there. Their reds are exceptional and the staff very friendly and helpful. It's also a pleasure to often catch the owner/winemaker Steve in the tasting room to help us out and chat. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank Jill M
Reviewed October 20, 2016

Maybe we were just at the end of an afternoon of wine tasting, but Ecluse did not wow us.

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and the wine was good enough.

Date of experience: October 2016