Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Ecluse Wines
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews barrel tasting small winery owner steve wine club great wine tasting room small boutique boutique winery down to earth my favorite improv ensemble winemaker wineries paso wines bordeaux
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently took a trip to Paso Robles and were curious about what Trip Advisor's recommendations were. Being that Ecluse is the top rated attraction and we were going to quite a few wineries, we decided to stop by.

First things first, the wine was excellent. Very consistent, complex, and delicious. I found myself saying "wow" after a few of them. After tasting we discovered Ecluse are prize winners in various competitions, one being the gold medal in San Francisco Chronicle several years running. This competition is an aggregate of 60 top reviewers, not just a small panel. Any fellow Metacritic fans will appreciate this.

Perhaps even more impressive was I left the winery not saying that "Ecluse is great", but "Pam and Steve are great." It struck me that every other winery out of about a dozen, I only remember the name of the establishment. Not so with Ecluse, and we really look forward to seeing Pam and Steve again!

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Love love love this place! Awesome wines and great people! I'm a member of their wine club for life!

1  Thank scooterbubble
Reviewed March 30, 2012

A first class tasting experience with both bottled wines as well as a number of tastes from barrels. I ordered wine to be sent home. This winery is a "must see" in Paso Robles.

Date of experience: March 2012
2  Thank SJS9876
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was our first visit to the area and Ecluse was one of our first stops because we had heard great things about their wine. We were delighted with the staff and how much time they spent educating us on the region. We enjoyed a barrel tasting and generous pours, yummy wine! Wish we had bought more~ The unexpected thing about Ecluse was their enthusiasm for the other wines in the area, they were even displaying another wineries Zinfandel (Thatcher) that had shared a recent award for best wine! We left with a list of other wineries to visit. Great people, really great wine, don't miss this place!

Date of experience: April 2011
3  Thank anita
Reviewed February 6, 2012

A must stop for your Paso Robles tasting. Great red wines. wonderful and knowledgeable staff. Great experience.

Date of experience: January 2012