“We had a great experience”
Review of Il Cortile

Il Cortile
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cortile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Street
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Enjoyed this small(ish) restaurant in Paso! The service was friendly, attentive and professional. All of the food came to the table hot and nicely presented. Our server offered good advice on our selections, when invited to do so. Shared a fresh and tasty chopped salad, which was plenty for two as a starter. My mouth-wateringly delicious pork osso buco literally fell off the bone, and was set off perfectly by a small puddle of al dente risotto. Husband and friends loved the cinghiale (wild boar) pasta, as well as the halibut special. Dessert, a small molten chocolate cake with a little vanilla ice cream, was also memorable. Nice job!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very good overall, probably a 4.5. Specifically my Rack of Lamb entree was excellent and the Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto was very good. My wife's Scallop appetizer was also excellent. Unfortunately her Whole Lobster entree was overcooked and tough at the tail. (claws were perfect). Disappointing for such an expensive menu item. The Tiramisu dessert was fabulous. Wendy was a excellent server and had an awesome wine recommendation....really kept on top of things even though they were very busy.
We WILL return to try again. Hopefully I'll be able to increase my rating. We spent quite a $$ and it was ....almost.... there.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Beef Cheek - Cheek
I am not sure where the 5 star reviewers normally eat or if they have been to Italy,
The Beef Cheek Ravioli served in a bowl as big as your hat looked like the pattern on the bottom of the plate.
8 empty ravioli with a pink mush on top.
The worst tasting and presented plate I have ever been served.
The other 5 plates on the table looked OK but low marks for presentation and execution of the described dish.
Service was patchy.
Prices are on the upper side of bearable for the food .
Understanably everyones wow factor threshhold is at different levels but this is not 5 * dining.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was at the restaurant with six people - each one of us thought our meal was outstanding. I had the pasta with wild boar - others had the fish special. All of us agreed it was really wonderful. I would highly recommend

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our dinner was delicious. We started with the mozzarella tasting: burrata, buffalo & fresh mozzarella served with toast. It's hard to go wrong there. My husband had the scallops on top of spinach and he thought that was an excellent dish. Then I had the ink squid pappardelle with lobster ragu. I never have had lobster ragu before and it was very good. My husband then had the quail appetizer and said it was just ok. We finished off dinner with the chocolate molten cake which was good. The service was very good and even though it was Saturday night, the noise level was low. All in all, a very nice experience and we recommend this restaurant.