“Good Italian restaurant”
Review of Il Cortile

Il Cortile
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cortile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 200 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring Street
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We chose this restaurant due to the good reviews we read and its location close to the center of town, where we were staying. Glad we made a reservation earlier that day, as the restaurant filled up quickly! It is a small restaurant with seating for 2's and 4's. The service was great, with our server being very knowledgeable about the menu. We ordered the Mozzarella "sampler" for an appetizer, and it was just okay...not great and a little disappointing. My entree was the special, which was Oso Buco...very flavorful, but I felt the portions were small, especially for the price. My husband ordered a fish filet, also a special for that evening, and it was good, but not great. Wine was good, but we are in wine country! Overall a nice dining experience, but not a great one.

There are newer reviews for Il Cortile

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Fine dining, fantastic service, knowledgable wine steward, elegant/understated decor. Ask to see the "special " wine list. Expensive but worth it. Food was imaginative, but balanced- not frivolous.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been going to Il Cortile for our annual Paso winetasting since they opened. We find that they have been getting better every year. Their pastas are homemade and delicious. We have never eaten meat here, but friends have told us that their steaks are excellent as well. Reservations are definitely needed on weekends.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

What a wonderful dinner.

Service was attentive and the food quality was superb.

I had the meat and cheese tray. Very flavorful
Caprese salad with cream infused burrata cheese . Great flavors from the heirloom tomatoes and the soft texture of the cheese.
Tortellini filled with imported Parma cotto prosciutto in a creamy truffle sauce-THIS ENTRÉE WAS GREAT. Good flavors mixed together well and a decent quantity.
THE MENU IS FILLED WITH SO MANY OTHER SOUNDING GOOD DISHES I WISH I COULD HAVE TRIED THEM ALL THIS EVENING.
Parmesan cheese risotto. Slightly undercooked but creamy. Great flavors and towards the end the rice softened up to its proper consistency
Local Italian style red wine flight. Good choices. The third style had turned. They checked and it had been opened a few days. If I were a restaurant I would serve something 3 days after opening. Cook with it. They probably figured someone would just drink it and not notice.

Overall this was one of the best restaurants I have dined at. I will return to try some of the other great sounding menu items.

If you are in Paso you need to eat here. If we were spending another night in Paso we would have come back the following evening, it was that GOOD.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really liked the restaurant and would go again. Sat on the patio which was enclosed and very loud so recommend eating inside if possible.