Book In Advance
Tours from The Wine Line tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience The Wine Line
from $79.95
More Info
All reviews hop on hop west side great suggestions private tour highly recommend this company great trip box lunch the tasting room staff the paso robles area jason van driver wine stops blast list region
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Larry made our day of wine tasting a breeze! How nice to not worry about driving. There was only one other group of three people in our van that day and Larry managed to get them where they wanted to go and us where we wanted to go. We did the West side trail, which we really enjoyed. We visited Treana, Niner(loved), Pellitiere (favorite, because of the excellent wine), Summerfield and Hunt. Good overview. Larry was always on time and a really fun guide. The day before, we were on our own and visited some wineries not on the tour. Tablas Creek was excellent and I highly recommend them if you can drive up on your own.

Jason W, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm very happy to hear that Larry took good care of you (and the other group as well). I've forwarded your review to him because he will be pleased to know. Tablas Creek is one of my favorites in the region too, but unfortunately, we can only get out there on our Private Tours.

Be on the lookout for our Thank You email, if you haven't already received it, for some repeat customer discounts and program information.

Thanks again and I look forward to having you "hop on" The Wine Line again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

This was just what we were looking for! We got to choose which wineries we were going to go! We ordered the sandwiches (which were good), had door to door service and the best driver of all time! Larry was the best and really added the personal touch. And as we said " Larry you have our heart and soul"! If it is possible to request a driver request Larry you won't be disappointed!!! Thanks Wine Line and Larry!!!
Carolyn

Jason W, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Hi Carolyn,

Wow...thank you for the wonderful words! I have sent this to Larry and I'm sure he will be extremely happy to here that he has you "heart and soul!" I'm so glad we were "just what (you) were looking for!"

Keep an eye our for your "Thank You" email, if you haven't already received it, as it has some repeat customer discounts and programs.

We look forward to having you "hop on" again soon, and thanks again for your business and this lovely testimonial!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

We booked last minute for the SLO Hop on Hop off wine tour and couldn’t have been more pleased with the service throughout our day! Bus collected us from out SLO hotel then escorted us to four wineries (we could have had a fifth but liked the fourth so much we decided to stay there!) in the Paso Robles area. Jason and Joanie were so knowledgeable, helpful and super friendly that it really proved a fantastic way to learn about the wines of the region. Excellent - and highly recommended!!

Jason W, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hey there Slizzy!

Thank you so very much for your business, and especially for taking the time to write these kind words. You ladies were a treat! I'm so glad we were able to accommodate you and that you "couldn't have been more pleased"!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in the States and had safe travels back home.

Thanks again and hope to have you "hop on" again in the future!

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

My spouse and I totally enjoyed our private tour with Jason on the wine line van. We started just after 1 pm and saw 4 wineries, 3 I chose and one recommended by Jason. We saw Aron Hill, picked up our lunch there, then had lunch at Croad, a beautiful vineyard and bar, Red Soles, both a winery and a still recommended by Jason and Grey Wolf.
Aron Hill has a lovely Viognier and Red Soles has a fabulous Limoncello, which I bought as well as a brandy. The server at Red Soles was very professional and gave an excellent dissertation on the derivation of wines and the distillation process of spirits. We spent roughly an hour at each site and Jason was generous with his time, depending on our interest at each location. We independently went to Dark Star Cellars, owned by Mike Emling, who was a pleasure to meet. I bought one of his award winning red wines. On our way home, we stopped at Tobin James winery and bought their award winning 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon. Our lunch at Cass Café, part of Cass Winery, was delightful, with a crab cake salad, glass of Viognier, and lemon bar dessert!

Thanks again, Jason for introducing us to the people, wines and vineyards of Paso Robles!

Jason W, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hi Marti,

Thank you so much for your business and especially for taking the time to write these kind words! You guys were a treat and it was my pleasure to share our beautiful wine country, and the folks in it, with you!

Keep an eye out for your Thank You email, if you haven't already received it. It has some valuable info in it.
I look forward to having you "hop on" again in the future.

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Right from the booking straight through until the final winery it was a top notch experience! Our knowledgeable and friendly guide Jason, was accommodating and had great suggestions. We took a private tour-so we had the van to ourselves..but would also recommend the ‘hop on hop off’ concept! Jason and his crew have got a great concept! Highli recommend! Oh .. and the !

Jason W, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you very much for the kind words and for taking the time to write them! I so glad you had a "top notch experience" the whole way through for your Private Tour.

Keep an eye out for your "Thank You" email, if you haven't received it, for some repeat customer discounts and programs.

Thanks again and hope to have you "hop on" again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

My daughters and I have been coming to Cambria for a girls trip for 4 years now and had always talked about visiting the wineries in Paso Robles. We finally took the plunge this year and decided to do a wine tour. I googled wine tours and opted for hoponthewineline.com and we were more than happy with the results. Every aspect of our adventure was easy, affordable and convenient. It was easy to arrange online (even for a techno challenged person such as me), I was contacted quickly by Jason who helped with the details, and it met our needs totally. We were picked up at our hotel on Moonstone Beach right on time, with a comfortable, clean van and a friendly, courteous, efficient tour guide. Larry was wonderful! He was informative, funny, personable and helpful. He asked questions to get to know what we had hoped to get out of the tour, never pushed an agenda, but when asked, his suggestions were on point and perfect. He even lugged our purchases back to the van for us! And best of all, neither of us had to do the driving, so we were both free to enjoy the scenery and the water and snacks provided. (Nice perk!) Thank you so much Larry and the hop on the wine line for a terrific experience.

Jason W, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you so much for lovely review! I am very happy to hear you had a "terrific experience" from start to finish! I have forwarded your comments to Larry as I'm sure he will be delighted to read them as well.

Keep an eye out for you "Thank You" email (you should've received it by now, since I didn't see this review until today) as it contains some repeat customer discounts and other programs. If you don't see it, check your spam/junk folder.

I sincerely appreciate your business and, again, this wonderful review. I hope to have you "hop on" again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited Paso Robles in June for my birthday and planned on going to some wineries. I looked up and found The Wine Line which I thought would be a good way to go without having to drive while drinking. Met a bunch of very nice women and had a great time visiting for wineries and having a great time.

TheWineLine, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Hi Sharon,

Thank you very much for your business and this "winederful" review! I'm happy we showed you a good time and hope to have you "hop on" again in the near future!

Keep an eye out for you "thank you" email which has some repeat customer discounts and programs in it.

Thanks again!

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Larry on time always. Extremely courteous and helpful with tips to get best tasting deals and where to eat. Wish more of the high-end wineries were included but enjoyed all the ones we visited. This was a perfect time to go tasting--the scenery is outstanding- rolling hills, green as can be and wildflowers everywhere.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

This is our second time booking with the Wine Line. It is a convenient, affordable, and a safe way to go wine tasting in beautiful Paso Robles. Larry was GREAT- he was on time, had a ton of info for us about our wineries and took good care of our purchases. He also recommended a great stop for our lunch. We highly recommend the Wine Line if you want to experience the Paso Robles Wine country.

3  Thank Christina T
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We booked the hop-on hop-off tour but ended up with a private tour as there was no one else taking the tour on the west side. Kudos to the company for not cancelling! Larry was our driver and we enjoyed spending the day with him. He took us to some outstanding wineries. We particularly enjoyed Niner and Hunt ( they had an adult Easter egg hunt and a very entertaining tasting). Highly recommend this company!

TheWineLine, Owner at The Wine Line, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi wagr,

Thank you so much for your business and especially taking a moment to make us blush! I'm very happy to hear we were able to help make your day a memorable one. Keep an eye out for our "Thank You" email too, if you haven't received it yet, as it includes some repeat customer benefits.

Thank you again and we hope to have you "hop on" again soon!