“In the mood for fish...this is the best!”
Review of Chico's Cafe - CLOSED

Chico's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Yeah, I know it is not at the coast, but he gets fresh fish daily. It is super good. The calamari is the best I have ever had and it was so good I had it again for breakfast the next morning.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Following a recommendation from the Adelaide Inn, we went here for Dinner. It was a little busy but we were seated to a wonderful table outside. The day had been hot, so a chance to enjoy a cool breeze and look at folks around the park was a relaxing as we waited on our meals. I had the Halibut and my friend had the Sea Bass. the Owner,-Chico-who was also the chef took the time to check in on his guests and make sure everyone was having a good dinner. Friendly service with a real smile was nice after some plastic ones we had encountered earlier in the day.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

After reading a number of reviews we decided to go for the wonderful seafood meal that seemed to be promised. Maybe after the long weekend they were not as up to par as we were the only ones in the restaurant at 8pm at night. The waitress was very friendly and competent but it was a shame about the meal. Maybe dinner just isn't the best time to go to this restaurant as the lunch and breakfast reviews seem a lot better.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I regret to give a bad review, but my husband and I were less than impressed with our lunch at Chico’s. My husband had a chinese chicken salad and it was very bland and plain. It was a pile of basic lettuce with some chicken, mandarin oranges and soy sauce. I had a club sandwich which was average, but fine. With all the great places to go in Paso, I see no reason in returning. I will say that the service was prompt and friendly.

I must note, I used the restroom and noticed there was no hand soap. I told someone at the front counter and they thanked me but gave me no indication it was going to be replaced anytime soon. When I asked if it would be changed, as I’d like to wash my hands, they told me I could use a sink behind the front counter. Seemed a bit strange, but ok. There was a wet dish rag and a knife in the bottom of the sink. It just seemed a little unsanitary to have a random customer wash their hands over kitchen equipment.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had a nice breakfast there Saturday during the busy Car Show. Service was friendly & top notch.
I love their Eggs Benedict, nice oversized pieces of Canadian bacon & LOTS of hollendaise sauce that is very good. The home fries are also very good. My husband woofed down his tastey burrito.
The coffee is above the norm.