“Fabulous lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chico's Cafe - CLOSED

Chico's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Paso Robles, California
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The menu was well rounded and diverse. The food was exceptional and the server was very sweet and pleasant. The chef came to our table to ask us how our meals were, after we finished eating. I thought this was a nice touch. I liked every thing about this restaurant and will certainly recommend it to people who ask about a nice restaurant, in which to enjoy a great meal for a great price.

Visited September 2011

“Great Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

After a full day of wine tasting and a good night sleep I found Chico's Cafe for breakfast. I was greeted immediately and found a quiet table inside. I ordered coffee immediately. They had a nice basic breakfast menu and my order was delivered piping hot and with a fruit garnish. The prices were reasonable and I came back again later on my visit for another breakfast. Great little place and I definitely recommend it. Note: They do have a patio seating area too.

• Visited September 2011
Paso Robles
“Perfect dinner for evening out in Paso”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My fiance and I decided to stop in when a friend had recommended it to me. This pleasent little place surprised us as we walked in the door with their linen set tables and flowers. We started of with a Cab which was a recommendation from our waiter. It was exceptional! We both decided seafood wasn't what we were looking for but did start our meal off with the Lobster Bisque. I was excited to try it because I love lobster, but my fiance had never had it and was a little nervious. He took a bite... AND LOVED IT! Soup was followed by his Pasta Primavera and my Chichen Fettuccini. Good potions and good atmosphere! Chico's is a must in visiting Paso Robles!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Di G
Paso Robles, California
“DO NOT EAT HERE!”
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Seriously guys? Everything was terrible- the dinner salad was nothing but iceberg and a tomato and the blue cheese tasted eerily like their ranch. That's just weird. (It was bottled, Kens or some other generic brand.) The crab cakes were terrible- small and way too expensive- $12 for 2 pieces that tasted more like bread crumbs and cocktail sauce than crab- who uses cocktail sauce anymore anyways? The wine the owner recommended was awful, I'll admit, he seemed unlikely to know anything about wine but we didn't even finish the bottle, just left it on the table and for 4 who love wine, that's really saying something. I will say, the steak was good but isn't this supposed to be a "seafood" restaurant? The salmon was obviously a frozen fillet, the seafood pasta was mainly noodles, and cheap veggies very little seafood- I wasn't the only one disappointed- my party of 6 vowed to never return. Oh, and the food took FOREVER!!

• Visited October 2010
Bakersfield
“Luscious New Year's Eve Meal”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We were in Paso wine tawsting on New Year's Eve and found Chico's on the Web when we were searching for a seafood restaurant. It was great! Mysy sister and I had the Sea Bass which was topped with shrimp scampi. To die for! Our husbands had the Rib Eye Steak which was equally good. To top it off the price was reasonable. Chico was in the kitchen and eveyone seemed to know him. We felt it must be a local favorite. It is small, but we had no trouble getting a reservation. I saw two of the largest lobsters at another table. Next time!!! Thanks Chico. Great meal!

Visited December 2010