“Interesting place”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Entrance in Alley
Description: Thomas Hill Organics is a farm-to-table restaurant dedicated to serving creative, fresh food and highlighting unique wines from the Central Coast. With a dynamic menu reflecting our local abundance, Thomas Hill Organics sources a vivid array of fresh ingredients to concoct bold, imaginative dishes. What began as a humble organic CSA showcasing the Central Coast’s bounty quickly evolved into a popular destination for creatively prepared, honest food.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had an early dinner so there were not many people. We were seated in an outside courtyard promptly, then forgotten for some time. Service was hit & miss. The food choices were good for my husband but I found the items difficult. He ordered a pizza & I finally opted for a burger. Again, the dinner did not arrive in a timely manner. The pizza was very good. My burger overall was good-cooked as I asked. The issue was the hot sauce that was on the burger which I was not expecting. The ingredients used in both dishes were fresh, well presented, and good tasting. Wines by the glass were mundane although there was a good selection for bottles.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I wanted to LOVE this place but we just didn't have a great experience. It wasn't really "poor" but definitely below average. First of all, while the service was friendly, it was VERY slow. We waited quite awhile after being seated for our waitress. Our appetizer came quickly but we waited at least 45 minutes for our entrees. Luckily, we had very nice people sitting next to us to chat with. The waitress kept saying, "It's coming," then "Five-ish more minutes" and after that it was still at least 15 more minutes. We fully expected it to come cold, but it didn't, which was a positive. Both the pork chop and the swordfish were very flavorful-another positive. The problem was they were both very salty. We told the waitress that, while we liked the taste of both meals, the saltiness made it almost inedible. She was great and did go tell the chefs about our comments. The answer that came back was the pork was brined. I have had plenty of brined meats, and this was beyond that, for sure. A woman that I was told was one of the owners definitely noticed that we were waiting a long time for our food, and while she was floating around to tables checking on people, she never came to check on us after we said we weren't have drinks with dinner. Maybe we imagined it, but it was pretty clear we were unhappy, and it felt to us as though she didn't want to deal with it. One other issue was that their water glasses are very thin and I broke mine as I was pouring water. I barely touched the carafe to the glass, and it broke. We asked for help to clean it up, which we got, but I am not so sure they really should have their customers picking up broken glass. I got my new napkin (I used mine to clean up the water) when I was just about finished with my dinner-about an hour later. Overall, we were very disappointed. Lots of potential here but I really think they need to have an objective observer watch and give them some suggestions for a better business model.

1  Thank Marla M
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Thomas Hill has expanded their presence in Paso Robles much to our pleasure. I recommend the Skirt Steak sandwich which is large enough to share. My friend special ordered a BLT that isn't on the menu any more and they made it to her specifications with avocado...she was delirious with joy. We also had the Daou Reserve Chard which is a big chard that would make a red-wine drinker very happy. Maty was our smiley faced,helpful server and she is a lovely addition to this place. Go early as this is very popular or risk waiting. Definitely coming back!

4  Thank PeggyChism
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a great Resturant. We loved the atmosphere in the backyard. The food and wine were excellent. JP was a very experienced and knowledgable. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I've been in the US 8 weeks now in 10 different states and this is the best meal I've had so far. The double cut pork chop was just divine. If tasty pigs are happy pigs, then this little guy must have been deliriously happy. Restaurant looked great and the staff were efficient and knowledgable. It's not cheap, but it's really good!