“Great food and ambiance.”

Thomas Hill Organics
Ranked #4 of 195 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Entrance in Alley
Description: Thomas Hill Organics is a farm-to-table restaurant dedicated to serving creative, fresh food and highlighting unique wines from the Central Coast. With a dynamic menu reflecting our local abundance, Thomas Hill Organics sources a vivid array of fresh ingredients to concoct bold, imaginative dishes. What began as a humble organic CSA showcasing the Central Coast’s bounty quickly evolved into a popular destination for creatively prepared, honest food.
“Great food and ambiance.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Finally had an opportunity to experience TOH on a Sunday night during MLK weekend. Heard great things about the food and couldn't wait to experience it. We were seated in the middle portion of the restaurant which I'd call their covered outdoor patio next to the fireplace. Since it was cool that night they had the heaters going making it comfortable. Waitress was friendly and attentive even with a large group in the back room and the restaurant filling up. We ordered appetizers starting with the ahi tuna which was a surprisingly very generous portion. The tuna was definitely fresh, the sear and ponzu sauce set it off perfectly. We also tried the olives which were phenomenal with a slight & right amount of heat from the marinade to make them unique. Next was the burrata cheese which is one of our favorites and TOH's did not disappoint. Set off with caramelized onions, greens, citrus slices and toasted bruschetta style bread. Again all portions were very generous leaving room only for a flatbread as the entree for us. Luckily they had a chile verde free range chicken flatbread that was flavorful and the right amount of kick to it that wasn't overpowering. All this coupled with a great bottle of wine from a nice selection made this visit excellent and worthy of return.

• Hungarian first
Paso Robles, California
“Quintessential California Perfection”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This gem that Paso Robles is so lucky to have is located in their adorable downtown square. We have had both lunch and dinner there and every dish has blown our mind with the zing and pop of their fresh ingredients. The Grilled Shrimp Salad with Zucchini Noodles was divine with fresh mint and basil and their orchard grown peaches and strawberries. The Black Lentil Taco's were delicious. We shared the Ahi Tuna Tataki and the Whipped Lemon Yogurt with Grilled Pita and left full but not heavy as the food is impossiblly fresh,light and flavorful. They had a acoustic guitar player that added to the sweet,hip environment. Don't miss this special restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
“Poor food. Slow service ”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I can only sum up this place as the chef is trying too hard.

I had the cheese plate, the winter salad and the steak. My wife had the ahi appetizer and the pork cheeks.

My cheese plate was a local and French goat cheese and a local blue cheese. If was served with a small salad with pomegranate and dried dates. The goat cheese was fine but I am not sure why 2 of 3 were the same cheese. The local blue cheese was lacking any strong enough flavor to show it was a blue cheese.

My wife found the dressing on the ahi (some form of ginger vinaigrette) overpowering and distracting.

The winter salad was good and I liked the way the flavors blended together.

My wife's pork cheek was average, nothing really to mention.

My steak was terrible. They used anchovies in the marinade (without mentioning it on the menu) and I tasted strongly fishy. Imagine an overdone anchovy flavor Caesar salad dressing at that is what the steak tastes like. Probably the worst steak I have ever had. I was concerned that the beef was "off".

Service was friendly but slow.

The ambiance was a little off to me. Steel tables with no table clothes. The ground was painted concrete where the paint was mainly worn out. There are several rooms and we were put into one in the back which seemed to be off the flow of the wait staff (they comped the table next to us for slow service).

I will give them credit for not charging me for my steak and tossing in a free dessert (after a few bites of fish steak I did not want anything else to eat), but this place does not live up to the high reviews it has received in my opinion. Certainly not value for the money and not even good food.

1 Thank MyrdinPotter
“Trendy Move”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

No more parking in the alley. One can now enter via 13th st. Very attractive, almost as good as service& food.
Sorry ,totally Ca. Well designed wine menu.
Great Paso experience...

Templeton, California
“A Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Thankfully, the new remodel has street entry so newbies can find it. This is our neighborhood place to go. The young French chef isn't afraid to try new things, and they are always winners. The service can be a little slow if they are inundated, but it is worth the wait. The tiny kitchen consistently puts out the best of fresh food!!! Menu changes frequently. If lentil tacos are on the appetizer list, don't miss them. Can't go wrong!!

• Visited December 2013