“Practical downtown option”
Review of Melody Ranch Motel

Melody Ranch Motel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I wanted to stay downtown in Paso Robles and walking distance to the square. Most of the places nearby are very expensive so I was pleased to discover Melody Ranch for approx $90 a night.

The motel and each of the rooms are a little dated which might not appeal to everyone but it was still very clean and tidy. The bed was super comfortable too. I didn't really watch the TV so can't comment on that but the convenience for downtown is great. With Friendly staff too I enjoyed staying here and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: All rooms seem similar.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank starryeyedLondon

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We got so bad experience in LA that when we came here, we're such happy about cleanness! Nice room and no smoking odour at all. Coffee maker and wifi works.
Girl at reception was friendly and nice person which make us feel welcomed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taru A
Reviewed January 12, 2014

A basic but clean motel and more than adequate for our one night stay in Paso Robles.
Family owned and run and within a short walk of ( the somewhat pretentious and twee) downtown.
Not sure we would return to the area ( next time Hearst Castle would take preference) but would recommend this motel should you do!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank beech71
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights over Christmas because I was visiting family in the area. This is a good, old-fashioned motor inn. (You actually get a real key!) It is obviously an older motel but it is well maintained and very clean. The owner was onsite and he and his staff were very attentive and gave us great service even on Christmas day. The bed was comfotable and the price was great.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Joanna R
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I know writing reviews like this will mean I probably won't be able to get a room here the next time I call. These folks do such a great job. All the reviews you've read about clean and comfortable but no frills are true. It is such a bargain you won't believe it. There is even a pool! I couldn't believe we were treated to in-room coffee! What next? Mints on our pillows!?! I hope not. The location is wonderful, within easy walking distance to the downtown square, restaurants, shops and all. The people there are nice too, you'll probably run into one of the Fritschle family owners during your stay. I know I'm going to regret this but . . . Room tip: Ask for Unit #19, large, sunny corner room with the only king bed at the motel. You just can't go wrong at the Melody Ranch.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank bud9845
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have stayed here before and have always been happy with the room and service provided. I feel like June Cleaver when I stay here. Total blast from the past. Hotel is immaculate with that
50's roadside charm. Great location. Walking distance to the square and many excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moosesmile
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I love "old" buildings and supporting locally owned-operated businesses. The decor is dated but well-kept. I love the original tile in the bathroom and details like original Kleenex box holders, occupancy status knob on the door, and dyne-tape on the mirror telling the checkout time. The proximity to the great downtown dining superb (two blocks/ walkable) - one of two downtown hotels. I wanted to love this place but the road noise is too much for me: the sound of the cars whooshing by is very noticeable. The windows have been upgraded- it seems like the noise permeates the doors? The mattresses are so-so...supportive but not quite cushioned enough on my finicky shoulder joints. The management is wonderful and allows check in shortly after noon which is great. Price is great. Definitely NOT a "dive" which some of these older motels have become.

• Stayed: October 2013