“34 years and still going! <3”
Review of Melody Ranch Motel

Melody Ranch Motel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Santa Barbara, California
“34 years and still going! <3”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Once again I sit here trying to find the right words about Melody Ranch. Since I was 6 years old I can recall coming to Paso to visit family and staying at Melody. Thru the years the tradition of staying at melody ranch has carried on. My mom love coming to Paso to just visit with the family that owned the motel, and to this day it is still family owned and operated. I am almost 40 years old and wouldn't break the tradition my family started 34 years ago! I love the location, love privacy, love the people and love the fact I am family when I walk thru that front door and hear "Welcome to Melody Ranch...How are you?" No matter how old I get I will FOREVER hold melody ranch in my heart. Thank you Melody Ranch!! Not just for the awesome memories but the welcoming feel of "coming home" everytime my family visits! See you in a few weeks!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are nice. I would like to add, that no matter the room it's very quite
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Shelly M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Westminster, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights here at Melody Ranch Motel as our budget hotel had no vacant. I was surprised of how quiet and nice is was, and was about $10 cheaper than the motel I usually stay in. I will make this motel my first choice the next time i'm in Paso Robles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank clarkcj77
SoCal
Reviewed March 8, 2013

When on a California road trip, one should stay at a classic motel. My cousin booked the Melody Ranch for us and we loved it. The retro 1950s bathroom and old fashioned wall heater added to the charm. We were only in town for one day, so we had the "Wine Line" (HIGHLY recommended) pick us up for tasting and spent the day enjoying one of the most beautiful places in this country. I am glad we saved money by booking the Melody, because I spent plenty on bottles of wine. Upon our return and a little nap from wine tasting, we took a nice stroll downtown and had a great meal at "Artisan" (reservation required, pricey, but also recommended).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BizTravellers
Carson, California
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've stayed at Melody Ranch many times because the price is just right and the rooms are clean and quiet. I've had other family members stay here and they also agree about the rooms being clean and the price is great. Frank has a very good staff and they ALL are friendly and helpful. The location is great...can walk to the movie theather or any of the resturants that are near the hotel and even take a strool around the park. Great place, prices are good and the people are very friendly. And I like the retro look...the tiled bathroom...sooo cool. Great job Frank and staff.

Room Tip: rooms are clean and quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We loved this place!!! The location and price couldn't be better. Staff was friendly, room was retro in a cosy way, very neat and clean. Paso is a great stop for wine and fine dining. We''ll be sure to stay here on our future trips.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 154Helen154
Ventura, CA
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This motel must date from the 50's. But the family that owns it maintains it very well. They keep it very clean. The location is convenient to downtown restaurants and attractions. It's within a few blocks of the many restaurants in downtown Paso. A clean, comfortable place to sleep at a reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Martinez, California
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband & I stayed here last year for a long weekend and were very pleased with the room. It was clean, comfortable and convenient for our weekend activities. Our friends also stayed here and we all were happy with our rooms. The staff was great and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple