Having just opened a bottle of Dave and Karina's luscious Cabernet, I realized it was long past time to write a review of the amazing B&B they have created together. From the moment my wife and I arrived we were welcomed as if we had been friends for years. We had a delightful time over wine and cheese, discussing everything from winemaking to computer programming (As an engineer, Dave seems to know a little bit about everything!)
We stayed in the "Sunnyside Up" room, which was more than large enough for our needs, even without adding on the other side of the suite. It thoughtfully includes a refrigerator for your wine-cooling needs! The entire home is beautifully decorated and well-maintained, with lovely spots both indoors and out to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet atop the hill.
Both myself and a guest in the other room were participating in the Wildflower Triathlon, and thus our schedules were a bit unusual. Our hosts were extremely accommodating, even going so far as to provide the best "Egg McMuffin" I've ever tasted as a brown bag breakfast on the day of the race. Speaking of which, Dave and Karina do an incredible job on the "&B" part of the B&B experience: Our savory omelets and sweet cake were out of this world.
In short, Dave and Karina really have created one of those rare perfect places, and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Seven Quails, an intimate, luxurious two-suite bed and breakfast for four to six people. Roosting on a hilltop with a necklace of vineyards, the Inn is located just west of Paso Robles amongst California's answer to the terroir of France's Rhone Valley, the west side vineyards of Paso Robles. Seven Quails is about many things: a vineyard, the land, remembrances, nature as it used to be, spectacular views, peace and quiet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Seven Quails Vineyards Bed And Breakfast
- 7 Quails Vineyards Bed & Breakfast
- Seven Quails Vineyards Hotel Paso Robles