My fiancee (now husband), best friend, brother and a new friend we had never met before stayed at Villa Valdemosa for a weekend getaway over Columbus Day weekend... oh, and we got married while we were there.
First, regarding the Bed and Breakfast: Fabulous. Each of us are regular travelers, although most of our experience is out of country... even our dog has circumnavigated the planet... and each of us felt that the charm of Villa Valdemosa coupled the graciousness of our host made for a wonderfully memorable stay. Tom was actually performing at a nearby vineyard when we arrived. He left a note for us on the table in the entry to let us know which rooms to tuck into as well as passes and a map to nearby wineries. Anxious to meet our host, we started with Sculpterra where he was playing. Contrary to a previous reviewer's experience, we found the area to be easily navigable. The nearby wineries were each lovely with very individual personalities; all of them were enjoyable. We were welcomed warmly, engaged in intelligent banter about the varietals and looked after with a smile.
We were having so much fun at the wineries, that we barely made it back to the Villa for our wedding!
To the topic of having our wedding at Villa Valdemosa: planned, executed and celebrated without a hitch! The overlook patio in the sunset was perfection. The wine maker's feast (prepared by the host) was scrumptious. We drank wine and port late into the night on the back porch and woke to the smell of fresh coffee and pastries which we snacked on until Tom's utterly FABULOUS breakfast. The souffle was light, yet creamy and Tom very conscientiously took my best friend's vegetarian status into consideration in the preparation (extra bacon for ME!).
You know, you travel here and there... you stay in a five star in Munich followed by a boutique hotel in Bangkok followed by a bare bones in Chuuk... a well appointed room anywhere is simply that, a well appointed room. Our rooms here were certainly well appointed: the bed was big and comfortable, the bedding thick and smooth, the bathroom huge (garden tub AND walk in shower) with big fluffy towels. What makes Villa Valdemosa such a special place to stay comes down to the people running it. Tom is a very genuine, very real person... yes, the Villa is a business, but the hospitality is the heart of it. Tom is "good people"... this comes through in the Villa.
Not only do I recommend Villa Valdemosa, I can guarantee that we will return ourselves.
The jet port at Paso Robles makes this a very easy weekend getaway! All we had to do was park the plane, jump into the rental car they had waiting for us and scoot over to the Vila... Paso Robles truly is a hidden gem. Explore it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at our romantic Villa located close to town and yet worlds away. Surrounded by vineyards, bask in the sun by the pool and enjoy see forever views from our 1200 ft elevation on a ten acre estate,lined with olive trees, lavender, and many kinds of flowers. Four suites, all with full bath, private patios or walk out sundecks. Southwest/Tuscan decor; eclectic furnishings; flat screen DVD players in every room for private movie viewing our library of over 500 first run movies. Air conditioned, Pool, serene, exclusive. Owner is Executive Chef and winemaker. Est. 2007.. Ten minutes from 20 wineries, located in the heart of the "Backroads wine district" in east Paso Robles. WALK to a nearby winery for a picnic and tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Desperado Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles
- Valdemosa Hotel Paso Robles