“Good wines in modest setting”

Lone Madrone Winery
Ranked #45 of 164 things to do in Paso Robles
Irvine, CA
182 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 299 helpful votes
“Good wines in modest setting”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We enjoyed our stop at Lone Madrone, though probably wouldn't go out of our way to return. The wines were good, though on the pricey side. The tasting room is modest. Contrary to some of the other reviewers, I found the servers to be informative and engaged. No cider was listed on the tasting sheet and I wasn't aware that they had a cider. Too bad, that would have been a nice diversion.

Visited December 2013

Cranford, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Every wine was perfect”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

For those of us who try to attend wine tastings it is often difficult to continue to maintain a level of "objectivity". My experiences at the Lone Madrone Winery was an epiphany! Each Wine from White to Red was fantastic. The consistency and quality of the wines were exceptional. It is now my hope that the Wine Club shipments mirror the local tasting experience. Pleasant atmosphere, simple tastings, Worth the time if you are traveling to Paso Robles. With over 250 wineries in Paso, it is important to spend time well spent. I recommend making the time to stop and taste the wines at Lone Madrone Winery.

Visited November 2013
California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great New Location”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy the location along with the great wines and cider. After being there multiple times I somewhat agree with others that the service is much more bland and less involving than other wineries in town, but I feel good wines and cider outweighs the negative. You just have to engage the workers more than usual and they will open up.

Visited December 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“I wouldn't say poor”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Maybe the person on staff was just feeling blue and made the wines seem less good to me. Winery people are always very welcoming and knowledgeable but here seemed different as I felt like I was a bother because she told us what the tasting included and then said do you feel like trying them all and a way that seemed like she didn't want to pour them. I was thinking of trying the cider but was afraid to ask the grumpy girl for a taste. She also had a big fat TIP Jar on the counter in front of her and I used the restroom that didn't lock all the way and someone burst in just as I was leaving. Maybe I'll try them again next time in Paso?

Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Won't be back”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped by this winery after learning that in addition to wine, they have cider available for tasting. The setting is lovely and welcoming. It ended there. The staff person who helped us (and helped is a very strong word) was very unenthusiastic and seemed bored. He offered no explanation of any of the wines that we tasted, and trying to get information from him was difficult. It was a very uncomfortable experience. There are too many other quality wineries in the area to waste time at this one.

Visited April 2013