“Wonderful Weekend Getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Newport Beach, California
“Wonderful Weekend Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have always been in love with Justin Wines, and the Just Inn, didn't disappoint. We arrived on a very busy holiday weekend, and the staff outdid themselves with smiles and helpfulness! We stayed in the Tuscany Suite which was BEAUTIFUL! The room had an adorable sitting area with a fireplace. The bedroom is comfortable and cozy. We had 2 private balconies with amazing views of the vineyards! A bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and a cheese plate were waiting in our room upon arrival. We loved everything about it and can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy_Dauterman, Manager at JUST Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback - we enjoyed hosting you and would love to see you again soon. Cheers!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed in a beautiful room, ate a fabulous private dinner, drank wonderful wines and enjoyed celebrating with our friends at Justin and at Just Inn. We highly recommend the complete Justin experience!

Room Tip: Every room is great.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rhonda B
Tracy_Dauterman, Manager at JUST Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. Please come visit us again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

My story starts like this....I chose to propose to my fiance, and I wanted to do it at a vineyard in Paso Robles, CA, since we love the wine from this region. I chose Justin since it USED TO BE one of our favorite wines. We took a flight, followed by a very long drive on a dangerous, dark, and winding road that was WAY off the beaten path of the other vineyards. When we got there we were un-impressed, and the receptionist and manager screwed up my reservation. They had me staying there the next night ( the wrong night) and didn't even help me to get another room there that night. They almost ruined my entire proposal, and didn't even apologize...In fact they were very rude and just tried to get rid of us with no sympathy...no offer of something to make amends. I later found out that this place/vineyard has gone totally commercial, which explains why they clearly don't care about people. These were the most rude people I have ever met, and being a native New Yorker, that's saying something!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS OVERPRICED, COMMERCIAL, COOKIE-CUTTER vineyard, or bed and breakfast...You'll thank me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jared_Sil
Tracy_Dauterman, Manager at JUST Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear Jared,

I am very sorry about your experience. Especially during such an emotional, exciting, and what should be a very happy event in your life.

When our reservationist booked your stay over the phone with you she confirmed that you would be checking-in on July 14 and checking-out on July 15. When you arrived on Wednesday, July 13, we did not have availability or we would have gladly checked you into one of our four suites. Your reservation was confirmed in advance via email with a confirmation letter stating that you would be checking in on July 14th and checking out on July 15th. I would like to apologize for the mistake in the dates of your booking.

In order to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future, our reservationists are now calling guests a week in advance to confirm their check-in day and date. I have also requested that they verbally confirm both the day and date of check-in and check-out for reservations made over the phone.

I am sorry you did not enjoy the drive to the winery. We are located approximately 30 minutes from town in a rural area surrounded by vineyards and wildlife.

We were happy to make arrangements for you to stay at a local B&B. I am glad things worked out for your proposal, and I am very truly sorry that we were not able to satisfy you during your visit.

We definitely care about each and every guest who walks through our doors. I thank you for your feedback. I am incorporating immediate changes to correct the issues you experienced.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

tracy@justinwine.com
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

The four rooms are all different but all spacious and luxurious. Staff was friendly and informal. Food in the restaurant was superb. This is a pricey experience but it met our expectations and hopes. They do need to add wifi soon, though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

The JUST Inn is the B&B attached to the Justin Winery. We stayed at the Bordeaux suite which is the only one by the actual wine making part of the vineyard. There are a few other suites by the tasting room / restaurant area. It is very luxurious. They give you a free bottle of wine and cheese plate on arrival. A free wine tasting and tour area included. It is a bit expensive, but a nice getaway for a night. You can also go tasting at the other wineries in the area. The Justin wines are quite good. You can eat at the restaurant there - the food is very good, but expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Andy_the_diver,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the JUST Inn!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Bakersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We have been members of the Justin Wine Society for over 10 years and have stayed in all suites during work in the area and just for relaxation over the years.

If you are looking for a special experience then Just Inn and Justin Winery is the place.

We also eat in Deborah's Room every time and take advantage of the wine pairing. A special meal and staff makes it very memorable every time.

Mike and Michele

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Mike and Michele,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the JUST Inn earlier this year. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed your experience!

Thank you also for your continued support of our wines. We hope to see you again soon!

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

This must have been an off night for this Inn, very off. We arrived and were told where our room was and given a key. No explanation of how various things worked, no mention of wireless internet, no instructions in the room. At 6PM everyone connected with the hotel disappeared so there was no service of any kind until 9AM. No turn down or fresh towels. This is not a full service hotel but at these rates there should be some level of service.
Dinner was a complete disaster. Food arrived overcooked and inedible and could not be corrected even after sending it back. The server was very gracious but there was nothing he could do. We were told they had a big event the night before.. maybe the chef was off or tired.
Breakfast was good and we looked forward to our activity..a tour of the winery... Well, it was cancelled.
We won't be coming back any time soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Audrey B
Dear Janeb,

First, I want to apologize for the long delay in responding to your review.

Second, I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the winery. We have undergone some significant changes since your visit and I believe things have improved greatly in terms of service at the Inn, dinner quality, and tasting room/tours. I also want to apologize for your tour being cancelled. Pre-booked tours should not ever be cancelled under normal circumstances. I do not know why yours was cancelled, but I sincerely apologize and I hope you will reconsider visiting us in the future.

I would love to speak with you in more detail regarding your experience if you have additional feedback you'd like to share. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email address listed below.

tracy@justinwine.com