“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS HORRIBLE PLACE!!! IF I COULD RATE THEM LOWER THAN 1, I WOULD!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of JUST Inn

JUST Inn
Ranked #17 of 30 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

My story starts like this....I chose to propose to my fiance, and I wanted to do it at a vineyard in Paso Robles, CA, since we love the wine from this region. I chose Justin since it USED TO BE one of our favorite wines. We took a flight, followed by a very long drive on a dangerous, dark, and winding road that was WAY off the beaten path of the other vineyards. When we got there we were un-impressed, and the receptionist and manager screwed up my reservation. They had me staying there the next night ( the wrong night) and didn't even help me to get another room there that night. They almost ruined my entire proposal, and didn't even apologize...In fact they were very rude and just tried to get rid of us with no sympathy...no offer of something to make amends. I later found out that this place/vineyard has gone totally commercial, which explains why they clearly don't care about people. These were the most rude people I have ever met, and being a native New Yorker, that's saying something!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS OVERPRICED, COMMERCIAL, COOKIE-CUTTER vineyard, or bed and breakfast...You'll thank me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jared_Sil
Tracy_Dauterman, Manager at JUST Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear Jared,

I am very sorry about your experience. Especially during such an emotional, exciting, and what should be a very happy event in your life.

When our reservationist booked your stay over the phone with you she confirmed that you would be checking-in on July 14 and checking-out on July 15. When you arrived on Wednesday, July 13, we did not have availability or we would have gladly checked you into one of our four suites. Your reservation was confirmed in advance via email with a confirmation letter stating that you would be checking in on July 14th and checking out on July 15th. I would like to apologize for the mistake in the dates of your booking.

In order to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future, our reservationists are now calling guests a week in advance to confirm their check-in day and date. I have also requested that they verbally confirm both the day and date of check-in and check-out for reservations made over the phone.

I am sorry you did not enjoy the drive to the winery. We are located approximately 30 minutes from town in a rural area surrounded by vineyards and wildlife.

We were happy to make arrangements for you to stay at a local B&B. I am glad things worked out for your proposal, and I am very truly sorry that we were not able to satisfy you during your visit.

We definitely care about each and every guest who walks through our doors. I thank you for your feedback. I am incorporating immediate changes to correct the issues you experienced.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

tracy@justinwine.com

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

The four rooms are all different but all spacious and luxurious. Staff was friendly and informal. Food in the restaurant was superb. This is a pricey experience but it met our expectations and hopes. They do need to add wifi soon, though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

The JUST Inn is the B&B attached to the Justin Winery. We stayed at the Bordeaux suite which is the only one by the actual wine making part of the vineyard. There are a few other suites by the tasting room / restaurant area. It is very luxurious. They give you a free bottle of wine and cheese plate on arrival. A free wine tasting and tour area included. It is a bit expensive, but a nice getaway for a night. You can also go tasting at the other wineries in the area. The Justin wines are quite good. You can eat at the restaurant there - the food is very good, but expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Andy_the_diver,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the JUST Inn!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Bakersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We have been members of the Justin Wine Society for over 10 years and have stayed in all suites during work in the area and just for relaxation over the years.

If you are looking for a special experience then Just Inn and Justin Winery is the place.

We also eat in Deborah's Room every time and take advantage of the wine pairing. A special meal and staff makes it very memorable every time.

Mike and Michele

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Mike and Michele,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the JUST Inn earlier this year. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed your experience!

Thank you also for your continued support of our wines. We hope to see you again soon!

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

This must have been an off night for this Inn, very off. We arrived and were told where our room was and given a key. No explanation of how various things worked, no mention of wireless internet, no instructions in the room. At 6PM everyone connected with the hotel disappeared so there was no service of any kind until 9AM. No turn down or fresh towels. This is not a full service hotel but at these rates there should be some level of service.
Dinner was a complete disaster. Food arrived overcooked and inedible and could not be corrected even after sending it back. The server was very gracious but there was nothing he could do. We were told they had a big event the night before.. maybe the chef was off or tired.
Breakfast was good and we looked forward to our activity..a tour of the winery... Well, it was cancelled.
We won't be coming back any time soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Audrey B
Dear Janeb,

First, I want to apologize for the long delay in responding to your review.

Second, I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the winery. We have undergone some significant changes since your visit and I believe things have improved greatly in terms of service at the Inn, dinner quality, and tasting room/tours. I also want to apologize for your tour being cancelled. Pre-booked tours should not ever be cancelled under normal circumstances. I do not know why yours was cancelled, but I sincerely apologize and I hope you will reconsider visiting us in the future.

I would love to speak with you in more detail regarding your experience if you have additional feedback you'd like to share. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email address listed below.

tracy@justinwine.com
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

The Just Inn can be a great place to stay in Paso Robles. There are a few caveats before you make your decision. We stayed in the Bordeaux suite which is on the grounds of the Justin Winery. Be aware that it is a working winery. The suite itself is part of a building that is also a pumping station. The employees do arrive early and on one of the days we were there they were installing a new grape press which was also attached to our building. If you are wanting peace and quiet in the mornings this is not the place for you. I would imagine it would be buzzing quite a bit around harvest. The Bordeaux suite is not in the same place as the other suites, tasting room, restaurant, and pool. It is about 1/2 mile away. Not a big deal, but we did not know before we got there. They do have a hard wire internet connection, but no wireless in Bordeaux suite as advertised.
The winery itself is about 12 miles out of Paso and is secluded. There is no cell phone service even close. The property itself is picturesque. It is very well kept. The landscaping, gardens, and pool area are all very inviting. All of the amentias of the property are right in the middle of the vineyards which I found very relaxing. After 6pm the entire property becomes completely serene. The breakfasts were good. Fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, fruit, and a richer entree. We did not eat in Deborah's room, but it is very intimate and has a great wine list.
The Bordeaux suite looked exactly like the pictures on their website. It was big, very clean and well furnished. There is satellite TV downstairs, but no TV upstairs in the bedroom. There is a half bath downstairs and the bathroom upstairs is split. On one side of the room is vanity and toilet, on the other is vanity and shower. There is a nice sized walk in closet with a low slanted ceiling. Downstairs is the living room, desk, dining room, and full kitchen. There were two small issues downstairs. The half bath looked like it had the sink replaced and they did not fix the wall area around it very good. In the kitchen it looked the refrigerator leaked and damaged part of the wood floor. Neither is a big deal. The property utilizes well water so the water out of the tap can be a little minerally. The Inn does provide free bottled water and soft drinks. On arrival we received a complementary bottle of Chardonnay. Across from the suite is the winery's visitor center. There is also a picnic area, wood burning oven, and putting green complete with balls, putter, and wedges.
My overall opinion would be to recommend the Just Inn. I would have liked a little more peace in the morning, but most anywhere you stay is noisy. On the flip side it was so peaceful in the evening that you could lay by the pool or sit out on the deck and just enjoy the surroundings.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raskinco
Huntington Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

We were a party of five, and we had three rooms, and we stayed for three nights. We dined at Deborah's room two of the three evenings. The rooms are very nice, more Country elegant, not Victorian. This is a B&B, so do not expect to roll over in bed and push the room service button. I really enjoyed the away from the city aspects of JUST-Inn. One surprise is the delightful (included) breakfast served to guests at 9AM in Deborah's room. The local wineries don't open until 10AM so timing is perfect. Dining at Deborah's is aamzing, and we are FOODIES, and were not dissapointed. Do get tha wine pairing, and relax, enjoy you deserve it. I honestly hated to return home, and it rained everyday! LOVED IT. Please let's keep this place a secret, ok?

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family