“Smile”

Gin Sushi
Ranked #137 of 741 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This places transcends smiles and service is outstanding. Great local restaurant with a great following. Fish is extremely fresh. The price is right. It bit noisy.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I Love this place. If you come in a big group you should know that they wont seat you until your whole group is there. Once you are seated they bring you Miso Soup and it is amazing! The Staff are all very kind and attentive. I have never sat at the sushi bar so I cant really speak about it.

My Favorite dish here is the Lobster Special. I have tried most of the different options of sushi and they are all great. Another one that I love is the Cherry Blossom which has spicy tuna.

1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a great place to have sushi. It's in a discreet location on East Colorado Blvd. When I got there, there was plenty of open tables, but within 15 minutes, the place got crowded.

The service is so-so but the sushi is amazingly fresh, meaty and delicious. The sushi melts in your mouth. The amaebi I ordered was prepared just right, with the fried head very crunchy. The uni (sea urchin) was very delicious and the magero (tuna), ika (cuttlefish) and sake (salmon) sushi were so meaty. None of the sushi had any fishy taste. This is one of my favorite places for sushi!

2  Thank J Lee S
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Found this restaurant by chance. There seemed to be several locals eating there which is often a good sign. The food was good and fresh with a good choice.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had lunch at Gin-Sushi in Pasadena on a Saturday. The place was busy with many Asian couples and families (always a good sign for a sushi restaurant). The menu was extensive with many choices of sushi as well as a number of luncheon specials and lunch/dinner combinations. We wife had the Udon while my daughter and I opted for the luncheon special combinations featuring three varieties of sushi (our choices) along with Miso soup and salad. Our combinations consisted of six pieces of three different sushi types (a total of 18 pieces) and it was more than enough for lunch (especially with the soup and salad). My wife's bowl of udon was more than she could eat. All were excellent and the presentation was very nice. Our server was attentive and courteous. The prices are reasonable and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole luncheon experience.

1  Thank Gordon C