“Terrific Sushi Place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Carlsbad, California
“Terrific Sushi Place”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had lunch at Gin-Sushi in Pasadena on a Saturday. The place was busy with many Asian couples and families (always a good sign for a sushi restaurant). The menu was extensive with many choices of sushi as well as a number of luncheon specials and lunch/dinner combinations. We wife had the Udon while my daughter and I opted for the luncheon special combinations featuring three varieties of sushi (our choices) along with Miso soup and salad. Our combinations consisted of six pieces of three different sushi types (a total of 18 pieces) and it was more than enough for lunch (especially with the soup and salad). My wife's bowl of udon was more than she could eat. All were excellent and the presentation was very nice. Our server was attentive and courteous. The prices are reasonable and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole luncheon experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gordon C

La Crescenta, California
“Yummy Yummy”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have been going to this place a few years now. Food is always fresh,service is fast, prices are reasonable. You cant compare this to an all you can eat Japanese Buffet. Sushi is 10 times better. Place is always packed on Fridays and weekends.

• Visited April 2013
Chico, California
“My favorite sushi place for 10 years.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was introduced to Gin Sushi 10 years ago and have been hooked since. The prices are reasonable and everyone gets complimentary miso soup. I moved away from So Cal a long time ago and my family and friends know when I visit I want to go here! Try the albacore nigiri or sashimi, the thinly sliced onions and panzu sauce set it apart, it melts in your mouth! I admit the service at the tables can be slow and I learned to wave my hand to get attention if I am in a rush. Sitting at the bar is a blast, Gin the owner is hilarious!

Spring Creek, NV
“Average fits this restaurant to a tee.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ordered two items off their dinner menu. The Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura were average for the price paid. The Beef Teriyaki was again average for the price paid. The portions are not overly generous but there is enough given to make a decent meal.
Service was average. The noise level is high & the sushi chef's do their best to add to this with continual pot clanging & barking out that orders were ready. We did not try the sushi so perhaps it's quality & a good deal for the money paid. They do not offer any Yakisoba noodles which is what we were really wanting to eat. This restaurant is very convenient for patrons of the two Best Western Hotels.

Visited February 2013
Arcadia, California
“Average food for long wait”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Food is ok , we have had some fish that was not too fresh and were given a new plate. Get there early..sometimes long waits.

Visited September 2012