“My favorite sushi place for 10 years.”
Review of Gin Sushi

Gin Sushi
Ranked #203 of 720 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was introduced to Gin Sushi 10 years ago and have been hooked since. The prices are reasonable and everyone gets complimentary miso soup. I moved away from So Cal a long time ago and my family and friends know when I visit I want to go here! Try the albacore nigiri or sashimi, the thinly sliced onions and panzu sauce set it apart, it melts in your mouth! I admit the service at the tables can be slow and I learned to wave my hand to get attention if I am in a rush. Sitting at the bar is a blast, Gin the owner is hilarious!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ordered two items off their dinner menu. The Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura were average for the price paid. The Beef Teriyaki was again average for the price paid. The portions are not overly generous but there is enough given to make a decent meal.
Service was average. The noise level is high & the sushi chef's do their best to add to this with continual pot clanging & barking out that orders were ready. We did not try the sushi so perhaps it's quality & a good deal for the money paid. They do not offer any Yakisoba noodles which is what we were really wanting to eat. This restaurant is very convenient for patrons of the two Best Western Hotels.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Food is ok , we have had some fish that was not too fresh and were given a new plate. Get there early..sometimes long waits.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Not very impressive japanese restaurrant but ok. Service is not as good as it should be. Th oysters are huge but a bit to fishy for me. Lobster rolls are good.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Noisy like a cafeteria but who cares when the food is nirvana.