“Nice place, needs some maintenance but not a terrible stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Seattle, Washington
“Nice place, needs some maintenance but not a terrible stay”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is located off the main street and is tucked away behind a small row of offices.
the room was average and needed some TLC. The windows were very old and opened up into a shared "deck ledge". it would not have taken much for someone to open my window and get into my room.
The bathroom was clean, but the wallpaper edges were ripped and torn and the corners just showed signs of poor construction.
the breakfast was okay for a quick bite, but it was all premade processed foods.
Still not the worst hotel, but I think I would look for something different on my next stop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BaronMIke
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear BaronMIke,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not up to your standards. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent great days @ holiday inn Pasadena
the services and facilities are great and complete
I think there is nothing missing in the hotel
specially the front desk the employees are very friendly and helpful it was great to see them every morning
the breakfast is excellent and tasty

Room Tip: the suites are great
1 Thank Ali_Hussien
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I often stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels when travelling in North America and this one met my expectations. The hotel itself is older but has been updated. Like most Holiday Inn Express hotels, the bed was clean and comfortable.

Staff at the hotel were friendly and always willing to help. Breakfast selection is fine and there is ample parking.

I was in the Pasadena area for business but had one day free at the end of my trip to sightsee. A 10-minute walk took me to the train station and I took a 30-minute train ride on the Gold Line to Union Station. From there, I could easily navigate my way on the underground through LA and Hollywood and did not have to worry about traffic and parking. The whole trip into the city cost less than $5 as well. The Gold Line train was very clean and safe to use. The front desk staff were very helpful in me figuring out how to use the public transportation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LaurenAsh1
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed one night. The staff was very accommodating. They acknowledged the fact I was a Priority Club member. This is an older hotel, but has been updated and looked great on the inside & outside.

Staff gave me instructions on where I could walk and get to some stores.

Room Tip: room 202 is a suite with a Jacuzzi....
2 Thank Miata P
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed June 13, 2013

let me start by saying what I did not like: the selection at breakfast was rather poor.
everything else was better than fine. It is not a grand hotel on the scale of top-level Marriotts or Hiltons, but the desk clerk was pleasant and welcoming (and I arrived quite late). the room was clean and functional, and QUIET (which in my dictionary offsets almost any other problem that might exist). when I asked for toothpaste I was given a real (small) tube rather than a squeeze blister.
I would definitively recommend this hotel to a friend.

1 Thank gpcd
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We needed a place to stay last minutes and they were able to accommodate our group of 4. Gabriel Avila welcome us and was so pleasant, exactly what we needed after our prior accommodations. We were greeted with cold bottled water as we stood at the desk at 10;00am, which was much too early for check in. He willingly handled all of our paperwork so we could more right in once the rooms were ready. He indicated we should be able to get in about 2pm. He was most helpful with directions on places to go in the meantime. On our way to explore and within an hour we got a call that our rooms were ready. He again greeted us with a smile, handed us keys and snack bags along with more water and we were on our way. The rooms were on the to floor, immaculate and very comfortable. He certainly made our day. Thank you! The breakfast was appreciated, especially the cinnamon rolls which are warm and delicious. When in the area again we will definitely make this our stop.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank phillyswans
USA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here three nights for business. The hotel is conveniently located on Colorado Blvd and the freeways. Typical HI express, that being said the room was priced at a point that made the value good. They do have a covered parking garage which was nice as the temperatures are rising this time of year. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business