“A great choice near downtown”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
USA
“A great choice near downtown”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here three nights for business. The hotel is conveniently located on Colorado Blvd and the freeways. Typical HI express, that being said the room was priced at a point that made the value good. They do have a covered parking garage which was nice as the temperatures are rising this time of year. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KaibabAZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Watchung, New Jersey
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff was great, and the rooms were reasonably spacious. I had the exec room, and liked that there was a microwave and refrig, plus a room with a TV and desk when my husband wanted to check the computer and I was still sleeping.

The pool was large and pretty empty. We enjoyed it very much - nice and clean. However, the pool towels were super small and thin - bring your own if you can. My granddaughter asked if they were "kid towels" :)

The A/C unit smelled mildewy, and we were offered a room change. I was not happy about having to pack and unpack, but would have done it. Instead, they switched units, and that took care of the problem.

The bathroom needed some cosmetic updates,such as replacing the caulking in the bathtub and deep cleaning the grout, but it was clean and did the job.

They offered free internet, but it had to be reset frequently. On my ipad, I had to re-enter the user id and PW every time I used it – even if it was 15 minutes after the previous use.

On the positive side, the parking was free and plentiful, and the location was convenient to all freeways. From the hotel, it is only a short ride to Old Pasadena, or to Sierra Madre, or to other local attractions like the Rose Bowl. The prices are good, and the free breakfast is a definite plus.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room with a newer A/C unit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy W
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way out to Indio. We were super tired and got in late. We ended up having an extra person, so I was a little disappointed that the hotel could not provide a cot for our extra body ... I guess I just thought all hotels had cots! It might have been that the night manager did not understand what I was asking for. What he did do was provide me with several extra pillows and blankets so we could make a pallet. He was very kind and smiley and helpful. There was a continental breakfast in the morning that looked promising, but we were headed out on a mission (to Coachella!). This hotel was very convenient for access to the highway and we got out of town in really good time. The bed was ok, the room was clean, and everything seemed in tip-top shape. I would stay here again - they have a pool and a hot tub that looked pretty nice. Not luxury, but I am guessing no one assumed it was. Good hotel for the price, and the staff was really, really nice.

Room Tip: Some rooms have mountain views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Inland Empire, CA
Reviewed May 6, 2013

2nd stay here in convenient location to downtown Pasadena. Easy parking, property maintained. Nothing special but was a good base to travel and do business. Front desk staff attentive. Breakfast cinnamon buns really great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear lrcInlandEmpire_CA,

Thank you for your candid review. We are delighted to read you liked our location. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
alabama gulf coast
Reviewed March 17, 2013

With its easy access to the 210 freeway, I chose this hotel for a two-week business trip when working throughout northern LA county. It is not in the trendy part of W. Pasadena but on a nice commercial stretch of Colorado Blvd. of in E. Pasadena. A Target, good supermarket, and several good restaurants are nearby. The hotel sits back from the street and is very quiet. It is not a new building, but solid, attractive, and very well maintained. Best of all, it is well-staffed and kept very clean. The lobby is large, very bright with mostly glass walls. The front desk staff couldn't have been better and were very helpful with maps, lists of restaurants, fax service, and advice on local services and attractions. My suite was very much in keeping with the standards I expect from the Holiday Inn chain. An outdoor pool and hot tub are available. The exercise room is limited but the equipment is of excellent quality and in good working condition. Travelers should be aware the facility does not have a self-serve laundry, but a laundry service is available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank delzville
HolidayInn P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Mr. Smith, thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and for a wonderful review. We hope to see you soon, with appreciation the staff of Holiday Inn Express Pasadena.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My bathroom in my apartment was getting fixed so our management company decided to put us in a hotel for a couple of days, and then extend for more days if necessary. We booked the room online for two nights using the management credit card, and received a confirmation email stating the room has been booked. When I arrived at the hotel to check in after work, the male at the front desk was nice and polite. He asked me for a credit card although he said, "the room was already paid for, so we just need a card in case of damages." I gave him my personal card, which I thought was only for "damages," later to find out that they charged my card for the second night.
When I called the front desk downstairs to find out if there were available rooms because we found out from management that our stay needed to be extended for two more days, they told me that my card had been charged. After explaining to them that nowhere in the confirmation email did it state the card used for booking would not be charged for both nights, she said to bring the email to her and she couldn't even show me where it stated those specific words.

After dealing with them for quite sometime, my mom and I decided we did not want to stay in this hotel for an extra two nights because of their poor service. We looked around for nearby hotels but there wasn't anything close enough with decent ratings, so we decided we will just deal with it and stay here for the next two nights because we were already stressed out.

We called the front desk again to ask for the additional nights, and all of a sudden they are sold out. Mind you, the gentleman at the front desk told us half an hour ago that there are plenty of rooms available and that it would be no problem if we decided to stay the extra two nights. But Anabelle (the lady at the front desk) is now saying that there are no more rooms available with two queen beds.

That was just the icing on the cake. So if you would like to stay in a hotel where you want to relax and have a smooth transaction because you already have enough stress going on in your life, this is not the place to be! I have seen the other good reviews on here, but I did see that one other bad review where they pretty much had somewhat of a similar situation due to a corporate credit card that was used in order to accomodate someone else. I completely agree with that review! The staff may be pleasant when you come in, but beware because they are RUDE when it comes to an actual issue!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mng30
HolidayInn P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd., responded to this review, March 1, 2013
The hotel management staff will like to apologize sincerely for the inconvenience that may have cause during your stay. About your reservation the hotel must follow standard procedures regarding using third party credit cards in order to protect the safety & security of the cardholder. Anytime guests want to use a credit card that’s not theirs & the cardholder is not present, hotel must have a credit card authorization form fill out by the cardholder stating that he or she gives permission to use and charge the credit card. Situation has been explained to the guest and the cardholder over the phone during check-in. Unfortunately, credit card authorization form was never received from the cardholder. As a resulted, room charges has been posted on guest’s own credit card. However, we could still process the refund if the 3rd party cardholder can sent the proper documentation to hotel in the near future. In addition, on the day that guest tried to extend her stay we were extremely busy and we were booked out for the room type she tried to extend, we did have king suites, but not the two doubles that she were looking for. Room change option was given to guest. In conclusion, we will like to again apologize sincerely for the inconvenience we may have created during guest’s stay at our hotel. Furthermore, we encourage our future guest to call in advance if he or she has any question regarding to the room payment to make sure your reservation is been taking care of and a smooth transition during check-in. Thank you for your time & feedback.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Spacious Room in Pasadena just off the highway. We stayed there for one night before heading to Vegas. Reception staff are very friendly and helps us locate a laundry mat nearby since we have been on the road for a week. Hot breakfast available at no additional cost. Definitely would stay here again if I am in LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends