“Best Rooms in Pasadena for the Price”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Nevada
“Best Rooms in Pasadena for the Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

After reading all of the reviews I was very nervous about staying at this property. However, someone had told me they had new owners and had renovated. I am so glad I decided to stay. The property has been completely renovated from top to bottom. Beautiful marble top furniture, crown molding, new carpet, paint and the room I stayed in had a flat screen TV, brand new refrigerator and microwave. I was visiting on business and the room was perfect. They had Hardwire and wireless internet available. Nice work area and plenty of outlets for my printer, laptop and cell charger. The staff was very helpful also. If you get the chance to stay here do, don’t read all of the old reviews, because they are very inaccurate.

• Liked — Cleanliness and quality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Valynstorm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
paris, france
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

We were a pretty worried after reading TA reviews, following a blind reservation through Hotwire, but found the hotel to be GREAT value for money. The hotel seems to be under new mgmt and the rooms were are recently renovated. Courtesy breakfast was not available due to ongoing works, but at $49/night near LA (and free parking!), who is going to complain?!

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — No free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank burkele
San Luis Obispo, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

I should have read the reviews before booking this hotel. It's surrounded by other hotels, most of them just as seedy looking. The room was clean but had ancient sheets and threadbare towels. There was no coffee in the room, although there was a coffee pot and small refrigerator, and no hair dryer either. The toilet paper had obviously been completely wet through and then left to dry. It was brown and crunchy - yuck! It's old and run down, but suprisingly quiet since it's not right off the freeway. The room was large, but only one of the lights in the room worked. The carpet was scary, as was the elevator and hallway. If you want a cheap room, this certainly qualifies.

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank travelin0n
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Rodeway Inn during your last to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations. We will surely take them for improvement.

We have addressed your observations for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

The hotel staff has been well trained and each room is being thoroughly checked for cleanliness and proper amenities before checking in a new guest.

Hope you will take a note of our actions and visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Pasadena hotels

Palatine, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

Okay, let's put it this way... It was hard to get into the hotel because they don't have a "drive up" area. They only have a seedy garage you can barely drive through. I think crack dealers or whatever hang out in there. We had a rental car and was scared to even leave it for 5 minutes. So then you walk into the hot & humid lobby (or closet) what ever you want to call it to be greeted by a guy who speaks so softly you barely can make anything out that he's saying. He wants not only to see your credit card, but also he wants to take a photo copy of your drivers license. I guess because it seemed to me that it's the type of place that rents by the month....... and hour.
So then we went up in the nasty, nasty elevator just to check out the room to find that the elevator smells like urine. As we walk down the hallway it smells like a dirty ashtray that hasn't been changed in months, or years just to be booked in a non-smoking room. Again, all the rooms are non-smoking here.... I don't get it. Apparently you can't smoke in the rooms but the hallway... it's okay! whatever... so we get in to the room to have it smell like people partied hard in it, It smells moldy and the room has this run-down look about it. It wasn't dirty at all (surprising from the look of the lobby) but it was just dated & old. So when we emptied the car that night, we made sure we ONLY took what we needed, I didn't need strange smells on my clothes, or bugs in them either.
I was so afraid to sleep in the bed for fear that I'd be eaten by bed bugs or something, so needless to say that my boyfriend & I barely slept at all. Oh, and I found out from friends who live in the area that that's a "working girls" neighborhood.

• Liked — Close to the reception hall I was going too
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mish030
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations.

We regret for your experience however unlikely it may be but shall surely take them for improvement.

We have checked into each of the aspects which you have mentioned in your lengthy review and have taken action seriously on each of them for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

We promise a really nice stay with us.Pl do visit us again and please check for yourselves.

bellflower
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

When my husband and I arrived at this "motel" and there was gangster writing on the machine that was located in the parking lot (that by the way is under the hotel and is not secure) and ganster writing on the front door. I was immediately alarmed, especially because our new car would be parked down there. There was a cop taking people to jail and hauling off their infant in the alley behind the hotel in plain site. When we walked into the front desk area one of the staff members was trying to get into the front desk area that was locked (which has a bullet proof window and only a hole to speak to the desk clerk) he told us that he did not know where she was and that we would have to come back! Come back! We had an event to go to and could not believe our ears. I asked him if it was a bad area and he said "kind of"... (great!!) We walked out to find another hotel down the street, when we arrived back we decided we did not want to stay for obvious reasons, we told the girl at the front desk (that finally came back) and she said you haven't even seen the room!! (Uh, no thanks) she was belittling and condescending as she laughed in my face and asked me why my husband wasn't talking, (*$(*$&@*$&$&) she demanded we pay the night even if we did not stay. I told her she was not available when we arrived and asked me what it had to do with me? Very interesting because it has ALL to do with me, I am a guest who needed to check in. All in all, do not stay at the run down mill. They are very unprofessional and even treated expedia like crap and kept hanging up on them (hello, that is your 3rd party partner) when they called to question them and try to get our money back for the night that they "did" charge. We did not stay and I am glad!! BEWARE!!

• Liked — Nothing at all!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joannawright
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Rodeway Inn Pasadena during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and are investigating and addressing your observations for further improvement towards safety and security in particular.

We are obliged for your observations about noise and cleanliness of the hotel and have
taken appropriate steps.

We have taken complete measures to ensure the full security and hospitality to our guests.

We hope that you will choose again and experience a nice and peaceful stay.

Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2007

It was a great stay for me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Needed some directions and the front desk girl was so helpful to get the direction printed from the computer. It was a nice clean room though the outside appearence was kind of bad. The location was perfect . Its the best value anyone can find in Pasadena.

• Stayed August 2007
istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

I stayed in this motel during a business trip because it was cheap and I had to find a convenient place to stay before a meeting. I'd never stay there again. The management apparently does not care if the room is dirty, bathroom isn't clean, towels are worn out, the tub and the toilet have stains, the shower is very hard to use. The place looks and smells old and definitely needs a lot of renovation. I stayed in a non-smoking room and the folks next door - also a non-smoking room - smoked quite a bit. Also note that the breakfast is for those who can handle the worst in quality and selection.

• Disliked — The entire place needs renovation and better management
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Degirmencioglu
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience as per your expectation.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Special attention is paid to the general cleanliness, hygiene and non smoking rooms.

• The maintenance staffs have been instructed to check all the amenities including the pool furniture and to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously and hope to see you again.