“Would stay again”

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Vancouver
“Would stay again”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived around 11pm . The parking area made me feel a little apprehensive , it's very cramped with the vending machines in the corner . This didn't look like the classy section of Pasadena ! The fellow at the desk was friendly and emphasized that we did indeed want a non smoking room . The building looks a little old , but as we walked in the room looked fine . The smell of cleaning supplies was a bit strong at first , but we didn't notice after a few moments . It was quite spacious and had a decent sized flat screen TV . Water pressure for showers was great , AC worked fine and was quiet . The beds were a little hard , but we found them comfortable .
The same guy checked us out in the morning , both he and the maid were very nice to us . Getting to our car , the lot still looked odd , but not as dicey as the previous night . The spots are so narrow I almost had to go thru the passenger door to get in/out . The guy did warn us that parking on the street was illegal after a certain time . As the morning sun shone on the street the area didn't look as bad as the night before .
After always staying near Disneyland , this was a nice change to try a different area . I loved driving around Pasadena and will definitely stay here again in the future .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was surprised for the price point that everything in our room was new. New flat screen, new fridge, new microwave, new single-cup coffeemaker. The room was also very large.

The down side was the bed was too hard for us. That may be personal taste, but it was the hardest hotel bed I've been in possibly ever.

Our overall experience was very good.

Parking was easy - right under the building.
Elevators worked fine.
Lobby smells a bit like Indian cooking but the room did not - our room smelled fine.
Breakfast was as much or more than one expects at this price point - cereal, milk, muffins, breads, juice and crackers.

We'd consider staying here again, especially with such a great location, but may bring our foam top (we typically drive to LA) for bed comfort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed there for our recent LA trip and had a below average experience
1. Sub standard interiors and furniture
2. No service, even to call someone at the reception you need to ring a bell
3. Breakfast was as good as not being there. Only corn flakes and bread with cold milk
4. You can smell smoke in the lobby
5. Front desk guy was not polite and was not willing to talk or greet us or anything.

You can find a lot better hostels in this price range.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amit G
rodewayinnandsuitesp, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We take our reviews very seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The front office staff has been given special training to ensure the best hospitality to our guests.

• The quality and quantity of the breakfast has been sumptuously enhanced.

• The maintenance staff have checked all rooms and confirmed that they are up-to-date in all respects.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose us for your stay and you can feel the change.

Hotel Manager.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Easy check in process, let me check in early. Noticed as I got there, no real stores nearby. Liquor store across the street and a Kentucky Fried Chicken few doors down. Room was nice and roomy, clean and nice firm soft bed. Ask for extra towels which I got quickly. Nice housekeeping staff, everyone I came in contact with was nice. Small breakfast presentation, very basic. All and All a good visit

• Stayed November 2012
ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for three nights whilst the Breeders Cup horse racing was on at Santa Anita race track.I had a queen room, it was clean , had coffee maker , a fridge and a microwave, the bathroom was a good size with a sower/tub combo.The free breakfast consisted of coffee , juice, cereals , croissants and apples. Next door is a KFC and within walking distance is a 7/11 ,Dennys and the Colorado bar. The bed was firm but comfortable the pillows were light but as i was on my own this was not a problem. There are no room safes or safety deposit boxes available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank gigmickey
SF,CA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

You get what you pay for. I had to make a last minute trip to SoCal and needed a place for a very short amount of time. I was driving in from SF, checking in at around 2AM and would check out by 9:30AM. I pretty much just needed a place to sleep. I'm not one of those people that's just fine with a bed though. Yes, that's all I really needed, but I'm also a bit of a clean freak. It's a no frills kind of place, which is what I anticipated. I didn't expect a grandiose lobby with fresh flowers and a perky receptionist to greet me upon my arrival. I paid $80 for my stay so I knew I'd be getting the basics. The reception area is as big as some walk-in closets and the front counter has a bullet proof glass separating you from the attendant. I'm still ok at this point, mind you. I set my expectations very low since the reviews I read on different sites were so varied. I rang the bell and a man who is half awake (forgiveable since I arrived at 2AM) appeared behind the glass. Check in was quick and we were off to our room. This is where I cringe a little bit. The hallways are drab and need to be vaccuumed. When I walk into my room I'm hit with a strong scent of cleaning products. While the dead bolt on the door works, the latch is completely broken. I don't know why it's even there when it can't serve its purpose. The dangling latch made me feel a bit uneasy but what can I do? The comforters look very dated and have likely not been cleaned in a long time. The sheets were so rough that it made it so hard to move around in bed. The towels are just the same and had a very strong scent of bleach. On the bright side, I guess that means they clean them well? Check out was a breeze. As instructed, we just left our key in the room and left. I doubt I'll ever be back again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ensemble120
, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Pasadena, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
All of our rooms are practically the same, except for the bed size. We at the Rodeway Inn & Suites clean all the rooms with the same cleaning supplies, and we have the same amenities in all the rooms. We keep are rooms as clean as possible and do change are sheets everyday. I do apologize for the deadbolt, sometimes the maids forget to tell the manager. We try are hardest to satisfy all the customers and try to do our best, but some customers will always have bad things to say.
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

while the picture of this place looks good the room we got was awful, it was dark, and the smell was unbearable. whatever cleaning solution they used to clean the room and floors was just too strong and impossible to tolerate.

didnt stay more than 15 mins and decided to check out and go to another hotel. i cant comment on the amenities, bed, coffee maker, etc. didnt in the room long enough

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We at the Rodeway Inn & Suites keep all of our rooms neat and clean. Sometimes customers smell the perfume and don't like it, but we use that in all are rooms, so we are sorry if you didn't like the scent.