“Good Sushi for Good Price!”

Ichima Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #188 of 701 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
monterey park
“Good Sushi for Good Price!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is my favorite place to go to for sushi. They have the freshest fish selection along with good pricing. My wife are frequent visitor to this place. It gets quite pack at certain time of the day. I would suggest sitting at the counter so you can talk to the sushi chef. They are all friendly and will be glad to take your order. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2013

Newport Beach, California
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I’ve been going to this place for years, the owner have changes but the food is still delicious as always, and prices a very reasonable. Although I usually do not get rolls I love their garlic albacore role. Service has suffered a little with the change in owners but the place is still packed on weekend and lunch and has a good fun vibe.

• Visited August 2013
Sierra Madre, California
“good food, fair service, and...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The sushi is a bit better than average here. The service is spotty, even when not busy. The cleanliness of the restaurant and especially the restrooms leaves much to be desired and has not gotten better with time. This used to be our favorite, but really needs a good scrubbing before we return...

Visited December 2012
Monrovia, California
“My favorite sushi restaurant in the San Gabriel Valley”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ichima is very close to my office and I dine there at least once a week. It is always busy, and for good reason, the sushi is great and reasonably priced! While the Nigiri sushi is always good, their specialty rolls are fantastic. I travel to Japan a lot for business where arguably you find the best sushi. I have brought some of my Japanese colleagues here when they visit and they also give it high praise. If you like Salmon and Shrimp Tempura, the Salmon Lovers roll is fantastic! I am not a big fan of Uni (Sea Urchin) but a business associate, and sushi lover, that use to scuba off the CA coast for really fresh Uni says that Ichima has the best Uni in SoCal of the the 10-15 sushi restaurants he has tried (he lives near Orange County). The staff is fantastic. This really is one of my favorite local restaurants. Give it a try, decide for yourself!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank David H
Palm Springs, California
“My favorite sushi bar in Pasadena”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Fresh fish topping properly flavored, nori wrapped rice. The hamachi toro is superb ... I always have at least six pieces. Also look forward to a bowl of their miso soup. Grilled soft-shell crabs (maybe not on the menu) are always available (and delicious). It's the first restaurant I head for when I come to Pasadena.

• Visited October 2012