“a favorite lunch place”

Ranked #104 of 703 Restaurants in Pasadena
California
“a favorite lunch place”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

You know you'll always get good food and fresh bread. Atmosphere calming: condusive to quiet reading or chatting with friends;

La Canada Flintridge, CA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

This place always seems crowded, which I think is more because of the lack of quality fast casual places in La Canada than the quality of the place. Service is usually indifferent and the food is, for lack of a better word, bland (and expensive, for the quality you get). There are always dirty unbused tables everywhere My wife really likes it there, as do her friends. Parking is usually easy to find. I think they have wifi although I have tried to use it. A lot of local high school kids looking to study camp out there in the evenings.

“My wife's favorite place. I don't like the prices; value for dollars... not there... the only plus is the coffee and...”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My wife's favorite place. I don't like the prices; value for dollars... not there... the only plus is the coffee and WiFi access.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nice and yummy~”
Reviewed September 4, 2008

nice and yummy~

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I was so excited about this location opening until I ate there. Their coffee is bad, the desserts pale in comparison...”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I was so excited about this location opening until I ate there. Their coffee is bad, the desserts pale in comparison to most other area bakery-cafes. The brownies are thin and shaped like a pizza, not luscious or appetizing at all. The bagels were tasteless, dry and not chewy. I expect a place with bread in the title to have much better baked goods, Panera is such a disappointment in this regard. My sandwich is ok but there are better places and even better chains, like Corner Bakery. I'd rather spend my money there.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook