“Less than perfect”

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Pasadena Central

Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was booked into this hotel for five days and I booked it through Expedia. I was quite disappointed when I arrived. It was quite old and worn, but it did look rather clean. The first room I had was on the bottom floor and when I awoke in the middle of the night I saw a roach coming from behind the tv. well I hit at it, but didn't know where it had gone. I closed up my purse and my luggage and got back in bed. When I woke up again, I saw another roach. At that time I called the front desk and they changed my room, and gave me a junior suite. Well I did appreciate the upgrade, but the condition of the room was worst. it was bigger, but the sofa and love seat was so worn, until there were large holes in the fabric. When I took a shower, I had a hard time turning the water off because the knobs were coming off, and appeared to be stripped to the point where it was not turning.
The other thing that was most annoying is the free wi-fi. They have several connections for different parts of this small hotel. It was hard to get on and stay on.

I did stay the entire five days, accept one night I stayed once again at the previous hotel in Chino Hills because they offered me a free night.

I must say the customer service and the hotel location was very good, it is unfortunate that the condition of the hotel was not better.

I would only recommend this place for the cheap rates and it's location.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The 1 thing that turn me away from coming back is my room was above the hotel intrance and in the eveing a prostitue was working in front of the hotel at 11:00 pm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lawrence M S
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here again recently on a Saturday night. It seemed like every room was occupied, as when we drove in about 11 pm, we had a hard time finding a parking spot. When we went for breakfast -- it was close to the end of the hours (around 9:30 am) -- there was just a little left in the way of sweet rolls and coffee. One needs to take a tray to the lobby area and bring what you want back to eat for breakfast back to the room because there is so little seating -- just one sofa and a couple of bar stools, and one wouldn't really want to sit at the bar stools because they are where the food is laid out and one would get in other people's way. The bedrooms, however, are relatively large with a table and chairs so it is easy to take one's breakfast (on a tray) back to one's room to eat. The building has 3 floors but there is one elevator in the center. Though we got there about 1:45 pm on Saturday afternoon, our room was not ready and we could not put our bags in our room, and they really didn't have a place to put them. When we said OK, but we really needed to use a restroom after our long trip on the CA freeways, it was clear they didn't have one, but did let us use the bathroom in the nearby ground floor room that was used to store things like paper towels and breakfast things.

Room Tip: We have twice had a room in the back on the third floor, which we feel is quieter. The building is a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I found the hotel clean and quiet and the staff was very nice. I needed to get some sleep because I had doctor's appointments all day. I was fast asleep and was awakened by crazy people who came home drunk and in a party mood just next door to me playing music at top volume. After a bit of pounding on the wall, I finally had to call the front desk. They must have done something as they were quieter but I wasn't able to get back to sleep until around 4 am when they finally shut up. Needless to say, my blood pressure was up when I saw my doctor later that morning. I chose a Travelodge off the beaten path looking for a quiet night but I had a better experience with one in the heart of Pasadena on my last visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

While I do not have a particular complaint about this motel as far as comfort, cleanliness or that sort of thing, I do have a serious complaint about their somewhat hidden policy of a 100% fee for leaving early. I booked the room for three nights through Expedia. Travel plans changed and was only able to stay one night. Charged for all 3 nights. Okay, travel these days is always a learning experience. Fees and more fees and tricky ways of gleaning more from us, the traveling consumer. Bottom line, read the small print.

Room Tip: Breakfast is very minimal and you have to take breakfast back to your room because there are no tabl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo